mollyripkim

Molly my Yorkie collapsed and died this morning

IMG_2764.jpg

We are all so upset, was walking in the forest and was about to lift her into the car when she literally keeled over and was gone. My mum was with me so gathered her up, we were only five minutes from the vets, but I knew she had gone. Minutes before she was happily playing with other dogs that we meet and had grabbed her usual mouthful of horse poo! She was only nine and the vet made the comment of what good condition she was in, ironic as she was laying on his table.

I am feeling really vulnerable as my 12 year old cat died suddenly of a suspected heart attack last October and we have terrible neighbours so I am paranoid about poison.

I asked the vet regarding a post mortem but he said it wouldn't bring her back and a heart attack was most likely as there were no other symptoms.

So I left the house for a lovely walk with three dogs and came home with only two and they are really subdued.

Thank you all for your lovely thoughts and words, I think I am still in shock as I can't get my head round how quickly it happened but at least she was playing minutes before and had a lovely walk with all her friends as she was a very socialable little dog. My daughter said she may have been little but had a huge personality and will be really missed.

I knew all my omlet friends would understand.

I am so sorry to hear this. What a sudden shock for you :( Even though it won't bring her back, I echo what others have said about her not knowing what happened and she was playing right up to the last moment. She looked such a character in the photo. RIP Molly.

oh dear, that's so sad, poor Molly and poor you. I'm sure it's "just" coincidence that you've lost two loved pets so close together, please don't torture yourself about there being something else behind it - when you've had time to recover, you will hopefully take comfort from the fact that Molly was able to "live" right up to her very last moments, having fun and doing cool "doggy stuff".

Take care of yourself x