Redwing

Pony Milo

My Facebook friends will no doubt be familar with Milo and his journey but I thought it would be nice to share with the forum

Milo has a very bad allergy to midge bites and his previous owners had tried and failed to get it under control (not their fault, they had the most midgey field) he had itched his underside and his face raw in places :(

The course of medication he needed was severe and made him lose lots of weight, its taken over a year for him to put on some weight and I am very pleased with his progress

Before:

061-1.jpg

031-3.jpg

Now

9cfad275-aa1d-4bfd-a929-c79bc70e8450_zps8662e3d3.jpg

3be7ffe4-fb96-407a-89c8-f345155c21e8_zpsbd3b290d.jpg

7626b83e-761f-4cb1-affc-48538d72e5df_zpsa71e213c.jpg

Thank you all :D it's been incredibly difficult and time consuming not to mention costly (!) but it's been worth it

Milo is indeed a Welsh Mountain pony :dance: he will start to go to some shows this year, he is incredibly well bred so I hope he will hold his own enough to do at least some fun local showing even if I can't do him full justice!

A lovely Omleteer offered her child as a sacrificial victim to be the first person to sit on Milo and he was really well behaved - I think the child was relieved, the mother more relieved and I was relieved not to get sued :lol:

What a fab outcome. Gorgeous pony! :dance:

What medication was he on to reduce the irritation/reaction?

Steroids. Injections and tablets.

His sweet itch was controlled this summer using rugs covering as much of him as possible, oils on any exposed parts, a good insect repellant and a supplement in his feed