Charlottechicken

The Great British Bake Off 2014

I was sad that Kate went, but she was the weakest one this week. Will miss her little mutterings.

I don't think Martha should go through to the final. I am for Richard, Nancy and Chetna. I think Louis will leave next and then Martha. I like Martha, but due to her exams she isn't able to practise as much as she had been and it is showing. She has got huge future promise though. I have to say I didn't like the look of Louis's eclairs at all. Thought they looked very gaudy and just not appetising.

Tonight is advanced dough.

Asked to make enriched sweet fruit loaves for their signature challenge, the bakers must work with soft dough to create works of art for Paul and Mary to critique.

The technical challenge stretches them to the limit in the beautiful eastern European cross between a bread and a pastry filled with a hidden design of swirls of cinnamon and walnuts.

And finally, a show-stopper that takes the ordinary into the extraordinary. The bakers must make 36 show-stopping doughnuts of two different types, demonstrating skills and ideas that take their baking to a whole new level.

:drool:

Ooh, revised my finalists, Richard (I think he will win actually) Luis and Chetna.

Sorry to see anyone leave now, it must be so hard, they've all done so well!

What? Wait! Isn't that normally on Friday?

Your 22:00 is my 23:00... And I need to work tomorrow....

They've changed the date and time because it's the quarter finals :)

Had to make do with a cup of tea and a vanilla cornetto as Lidls were completely out of cinnamon swirls :cry:

The right person left this week. I really want to have a go at the swirly bread. Looks amazing!

I was a little annoyed at how much the raw bread was poked. Could have been popped back in the oven and actually be edible. Just felt a bit like a waste of food. Unless of course, they did rebake them.

Am enjoying the extra slice. Seems much better being just after the programme like this. Who's the chap on the right? He's rather funny and I like some of the things he is saying. Love Marian Keyes anyway, well her books and I always imagine she is how she writes. As for Mr Hairy Biker! Loving his tash :wink:

The signature bakes were fabulous tonight and I loved Mary's face with the cocktail doughnuts :lol: she seemed to like most of the flavours this week.

I think that Paul was determined not to like Nancy's signature, it looked fine to me and I think that she was doing as they asked by being innovative. I would love to see her win, I love the way that she stands up to Paul and her whole attitude to life and it's ups and downs.

Ps: on the note of wasting food... What about the 180 doughnuts? :shock: either they get chucked or the filming crew can use a serious diet after the series!

I would imagine the crew eat a lot of the baked goods ;) Perks of the job :D It was just how the raw bread was being mauled made me a bit sad, as they did look good and just needed baking more.