Charlottechicken

The Great British Bake Off 2014

DD and I are both looking forward to it. Only problem is she is out on a Wednesday so we plan to record it and then we are going to watch it together on Thursday night as she stays here each Thursday. The difficulty will be avoiding the discussions about it in the staff room once we are back to school.

Chrissie

I love GBBO. Looking forward to Paul Hollywood and his chubby little fingers :lol: And as always I will marvel at the fact that anyone can be bothered to expend that amount of time and effort on baked goods. I love baking, but can rarely be bothered to bake anything more time consuming than a quick sponge cake. Everything on GBBO always looks so wonderful :drool:

Me neither :D So pleased they haven't messed with the format now it's on BBC1. I won't spoil it either, but am not surprised who went and who was star baker. I have a few favourites already, but I am sure it will change over the series. My kids have told me I should go for it, but I burst into tears far to easily for telly :oops: I can do a Swiss roll, but not with people watching me that close.

I've been waiting for this series for ages and really enjoyed it.

I have actually bought some of the freeze dried raspberry powder from Waitrose, there was an article about it in the Daily Mail last week. I think one of the contestants in last years series used some too apparently.

Have to say I bake a lot, I've baked 3 chocolate madeira cakes this week, last week I baked bread twice and also made some ice cream cone cupcakes with caramel sponge and nutella icing which were lovely :D

What a good set of contestants. No idea who will win. Whenever I have guessed in previous series I have been completely wrong as someone who was in the background can shine later on.

Haven't got a hold on the names yet but I love the builder with the pencil behind his ear :lol:

Looking forward to the Jo Brand show tonight