Charlottechicken

The Great British Bake Off 2014

I'm not surprised Chetna went. Her baklava didn't look that great to be honest, and her entremets were a bit messy. It's a shame though, as up to now I think she has actually been quite underrated. I though Luis should have been star baker this week too. I reckon the final will be a close call between Luis and Richard.

To win.......Oh please, oh please, oh please, RICHARD! He has been consistently 'up there'....not always tops but rated and is very unassuming and down to earth (imho 8) ) Nancy has been all over the place....I was really surprised that it was Chetna to go and not Nancy last week but, heyho, we don't get to taste the bakes!

Luis is always the bridesmaid and never the bride......just seems to miss the top slot as the judges are complimentary but there seems to be a 'but' every week tho his attention to detail is great! Richard, for me, is always that bit more modest and chuffed when he gets it right 8)

It will be a nail biting final, for sure, on Wednesday! Edge of seat/gin and tonic/ hankies at the ready etc :boohoo:

Final tonight :dance:

From GBBO website:

It's the final... from thousands of applicants just 12 bakers made it to the tent, and now only three remain. Having fought their way through 27 baking challenges and proved they can master every baking discipline known to man, the remaining three bakers have just one more weekend of baking to tackle. Just three challenges lie between them and the trophy.

And what a trio of challenges they are. A signature challenge that requires the mastery of a classic pastry technique that normally takes a day - in just three hours; a technical challenge that tests them beyond everything they have tackled in the previous nine weeks by requiring them to master the basics - with no recipe; and a final show-stopper challenge that demands delivery of perfect sponge, caramel, choux pastry and petit four in their final five hours in the Bake Off tent.

Each one is worthy, but who will be crowned winner of the Great British Bake Off?

For the final time, on your marks, get set... bake!