Cat tails

Proper British!

Indeed, except that Beantree was referring to the last (prior to renumeration, of course) word on the list, which was 'remuneration'. Gosh, we are a pedantic lot :lol::lol:

Actually I wasn't being pedantic, I was being facetious. Now, however, I most definitely am being pedantic. :twisted::whistle:

....and probably more than a little annoying too.

Have you seen the YouTube video with her British accents? She's very good, I particularly like the East Anglia one. I think the London one was the least accurate.

There was also a fact that if you live in London you know that anywhere outside zone 3 is not really London. I think that's true, although it's easier to say I love in London to people I meet who are not Londoners, I say I'm going to London if I go into central. Sometimes I say into town but generally I refer to it as London. I've found that other Londoners invariably ask what town you live near, and strangely - never in.

Indeed, except that Beantree was referring to the last (prior to renumeration, of course) word on the list, which was 'remuneration'. Gosh, we are a pedantic lot :lol::lol:

Actually I wasn't being pedantic, I was being facetious. Now, however, I most definitely am being pedantic. :twisted::whistle:

....and probably more than a little annoying too.

:lol::lol: a 'coat moment'

I am loving this thread too, and like to make a point of using unusual words when I come across and learn them. My grandma was Italian, born in Italy and arrived here when she was about 13 (both my maternal grandparents are from Florence) her parents never learned very good English, although her father was an industrial chemist and set up a good business here. Anyhooo, I digress slightly - my grandma was proud to be English when she was naturalised and made a great effort to speak what she deemed to be correct English. She had a lovely speaking voice and an unplaceable English accent, she always used to correct me, and had the most amazing vocabulary of colloquial terms; one of my favourites was 'you can, but you mayn't'... another great believer in Prudence :wink: