Blackrocksrock

Internet Shopping

Once you have placed your order/completed your purchase is there an option to unsubscribe from the supplier? I hate how you get pestered by e mail - I go to the supermarket on a Thursday and Tesco don't ring me up every week to ask if I

would like to rate Yeo Valley yogurt etc!

sadly the unsubscribe option if often ignored by a lot of on line retailers and there are one or two that you can't block easily as well as they change the email address every email so the spam catchers can't do their job

Is there an option to put your phone on do not disturb between certain hours so you won't be notified? I do and the alarms still work and on mine you can still have the option to receive calls from your favourties or calls made in succession if someone is trying to get through in an emergency or maybe only get your emails when you push for them rather than them coming in automatically during the night?

It is so annoying as I use my phone as my alarm and it beeps all night with these kind of things. I feel I do not review their goods from the shop so am not going to do the same from the website unless its faulty! Perhaps its just me!!

My phone (Samsung Galaxy s6) has a setting where if you have it on silent, the alarm will still sound - darn useful.

I just have to remember to pt it upside down, so the lighting up on the screen doesn't wake me :lol:

At the risk of stating the obvious, if the constant "please rate this product" emails are getting to you, then rate the product - with a 1 star or a zero. Then leave feedback saying you haven't had a chance to see if the product is OK or not because you're too busy fending off marketing emails from the supplier.

Hit them where it hurts and they'll take notice.

I don't have much in the way of persistent feedback requests, although I don't use my phone for internet purchases. However since they updated the system (why oh why - I don't use half the stuff yet always the updates) I started getting notification bleeps for G-mail - which was new to me. Took me ages to try and turn it off, but found it in the end. I use laptop for pretty much everything else and my Galaxy for phone or texts or the odd thing like calculator, maps sometimes, stargazing (not horoscope) and sudoku.

Sometimes when the texts come in you can disable the notifications otherwise dive into the settings.