soapdragon

Putting up an Avatar?

Not wanting to hijack Cinnamon's thread ...... Luvachickens new avatar (is that what they are called?) is lovely! How do you do that? I have tried several times over the years (!) to do one but it never works and it just tells me that its too big but I don't know how to re size pics?

I am sooooooo untechie its really sad! My 12 year old Aspie ES is my go to IT dept but there are limits as to what I can ask him without copious eye rolling and 'Oh for goodness sake, Ma' comments' :oops:

Can anyone offer any advice, pleease :boohoo:

Do you have a Photobucket or Flickr account? I think you need to put it somewhere on the internet, so you can link to the photo. These programmes also let you resize to the right size. I could do it for you on my Photobucket, but if I remove it, then your avatar disappears too.

If you have a Photobucket account, I could guide you through the steps.

Ignore that... you can also upload from your computer or I guess also tablet. Max size is 80 pixels by 80 pixels. Most photo editting programmes will allow you to do that. If you have issues I could give it a go. Pm me and I'll send you my email address.

Otherwise you could google "forum avatars" . There are websites offering readymade avatars in different sizes.

Go to your photo editing page on your computer, ipad etc and there should be an option for resizing an image. If I email a pic from my ipad a prompt comes up about resizing. Don't know if that helps. :)

Don't think those programmes let you make them that small or choose to make it into 80 by 80 pixels. Photobucket does let you do that and iPhoto on mac as well. Photo app on iPad doesn't have the option.

All windows PC's should have a program called "Paint" on them, it's part of the package I believe listed under accessories in the programs list. Open up the image in that, select resize on the top menu, select the "pixels" option then enter 80 in the horizontal or vertical box. OK it and do a "save as" (or you'll overwrite the original).

All windows PC's should have a program called "Paint" on them, it's part of the package I believe listed under accessories in the programs list. Open up the image in that, select resize on the top menu, select the "pixels" option then enter 80 in the horizontal or vertical box. OK it and do a "save as" (or you'll overwrite the original).

I asked DS if this is what he did and he says it is :D

I'm glad you like my new avatar :D