Laura007

Yonks

Hi everyone

I havent been on here for ages but im back and ready to post.

I recently acquired a new chicken through very random circumstances and it made me think of some the random stories have read on the forum.

I hope everyone is well and look forward to hearing the chickeny tales from the omleteers.

Toodlepip

Hi Laura,

We ended up in France last year after the mortgage was paid off & the daughters moved out. The property is so beautiful here, & it is so cheap - we bought a huge old Perigordian farm in The Dordogne, which we are VERY slowly trying to make liveable while living in a caravan.

Every day is an adventure!

No chickens as yet, but maybe in a couple of years once we are settled in & our Gites are up & running - I have a nice spot under an apple tree earmarked for them :P

What have you been up to for the past few years?

Ayup, i love seeing nugget, she was such a character.

Ive moved house so we now have a bigger garden full of fruit trees and chickens. I was really poorly for quite a while and the doctors couldnt work out what was wrong with me. Took them over a year but finally found out ive got a condition no one has ever heard of, such fun. Hey ho cant do anything about it so got to crack on.

Been travelling around and potteing about and finally ive cracked making bread.

Im looking forward to catching up and meeting new omleteers.

Yo Laura! Nice to see your little walking man again. Poo to that mystery illness, but at least they found out what it was. Hope you are much better now. (You might remember me as Koojie)

Still contemplating moving to a smallholding here, although since OH had a heart attack in Feb, we are considering a smaller smallholding! Which means no alpacas. :evil: Oh well, as long as I have my chickens. Speaking of which I'm now down to 3. One relative newbie who must be at least 3 or 4 and the only regular egg layer - apart from the last 3 weeks when she decided to moult :roll: . Eglou's last remaining pekin, Skye (at 9 is now retiring and no eggs this year) and our last hatched baby Squirt aged 8 and laid 2 eggs last week (first for her this year) and stopped again.

So the moving thing - we may be moving next year now. The goalposts have changed for years, but now as his lordship only works 2 days a week and will be retiring early, he wants to go - about blooming time! Having just got back from the Dales (and loving it) we really do notice the pollution - or lack of air down here. It's been hard to readjust to breathing!

Meanwhile lots of loonies from the old days still reside on Facebook. Did I say loonies - oh come on, you know you are - you have chickens! Or had them! :lol:

Doing lots of patchwork and quilting now that number one son has finally moved out, and DD is actually buying her own place with her other half - near Redwing! 20 minutes away! I'm drifting away from FB and only pop on here now and again - because I'm finding I enjoy the sewing much more than the computer. Mostly I'm on the crafty side so I can pester Plum and Christian. :wink:

Lovely that you have a nice new place and still keeping chookies. xxx