Cat tails

Minus one gerbil

Just came back from the vet to have one of my gerbil boys put down. He wasn't eating or drinking anymore and actually didn't expect him to make it to this morning, but he was still alive so took him to the vet.

Vet said he had an abdominal tumour so it was the right decision.

So now I'm left with his brother, Phosphorus. But as he is already 2,5 years old, I wasn't really planning to get a second as introductions are hard and would have to do it all again in the rather near future. Will see how he copes.

Thanks Black, you are absolutely right.

Had contact with a local rodent rescue. They have a lone male of about the same age there and would be willing to try and match them, but not sure if that is the way forward. They said their male is very feisty and they have tried to match him a few times before without success.

It is definitely possible as a friend has done it a few times now. But she has a special tank for it. It actually is a fish tank with a mesh in the middle so they can see and smell eachother but not touch. She switches them around a lot, to get used to eachothers scent.

Unfortunately the match at the rodent rescue didn't work. Although the apparently just stuck them together in a cage and see if they fight... suprise! They fought...

I'm leaving it for now and so far Phosphorus has been his happy greedy self.