I am disappointed in the lifespan of the sunshade/winter shade. I have had them on during the whole year as I have an extension and I have to protect the food from the rain. After only one year mine have rotted and split to shreds. The large winter shade is £20, so not a good investment.

I have just bought two different shower curtains at a fraction of the cost and will see how long they last.

I have an extension and have both summer and winter shades for a year, apart from the sun fading the green mine are both like new and have not deteriorated/shredded and i've even put them in the washing machine to freshen them up !! :shock::D

I wonder why yours went all rotten? :think:

I understand that Omlet are looking at alternative materials for the shades, perhaps if you email james@omlet.co.uk with your suggestions, he'll take note of them.

I have emailed James at Omlet, suggesting that they sell replacement shades without the elastic & hooks as mine are still fine. I took them off the shredded shades and am hoping that Omlet will provide me with just the material and eyelets - should be cheaper.

I've emailed him about the new glug - I was worried that my girls weren't getting enough water. They know how to use it ' just', but go mad over a pot of water!!!!

I have got a standard glug now as I could not get on with the new super glug (too hard to get on and off). I did wonder about them getting enough water out of it as it seemed to dispense just little drips, despite them frantically pecking away at it. And now I have the old style glug the water level is going down at a very much quicker rate, so that confirms my suspicions.

Have had ours since we got the eglu in the spring - and it ripped in several places at the start of the week as I adjusted it - completely rotten and very faded. Came on to see if this was isolated event - obviously have now found out it isn't - thanks for all the suggestions, saved me wasting £20 on the winter shade as there seem to be problems with that too. I got one of of those plastic coated green 'tarps' from Tschibo earlier in the Summer, which we use in the back of the car - sadly, they don't seem to be on their site anymore. Reluctant to take it out of the car,but will try it if can't find anything better.

Have had ours since we got the eglu in the spring - and it ripped in several places at the start of the week as I adjusted it - completely rotten and very faded. Came on to see if this was isolated event - obviously have now found out it isn't - thanks for all the suggestions, saved me wasting £20 on the winter shade as there seem to be problems with that too. I got one of of those plastic coated green 'tarps' from Tschibo earlier in the Summer, which we use in the back of the car - sadly, they don't seem to be on their site anymore. Reluctant to take it out of the car,but will try it if can't find anything better.

I cut up the gazebo cover it was a cheap green one arond £15 and it much bigger so get more choice how u want it.Then l put bungys to hold it on then the free omlet shade over the top to stop all weathers.Seems to work well and never need replacing the gazebo cover stops the rain.As for the new glugs l found the same chooks could not get enough water so l have both then they always have clean drinking water l have watched them and they do still drink from both.So at least there always water there as if l did forget which never happens they can always get a drink.