sjp

changeing energy suppliers

Check reviews as well as price. I'd changed to a company whose name started with Eco once and they were a nightmare to deal with, sent though a series of inconsistent bills (time periods, units used and charge per unit different each bill but final amount always the same :roll: ) after we'd agreed a final bill and I'd paid up they came back to try and get more money a year or so later. :evil:

Money Saving Expert has a tool which will let you work out the best deal, and also tells you what customer ratings the companies have. You'll need to know your average consumption to get a result.It's well worth doing.

I used the MSE comparison site after Eon withdrew Te$co points form their benefits; using their calculator, I chose Avro energy and they seem to be fine. I can input my meter readings on their portal each month (they send a reminder email) and that keeps my bills spot on.

I've just moved to Avro, as my previous deal with another supplier expired and the renewed tariff they were offering was quite a bit more expensive. I look to change every year, or whenever the deal expires.

I almost halved my electricity and gas bills when I first changed suppliers; the prices have gone up since then, of course, but I am still paying less than I was five years ago when I was with two of the major utility suppliers.