scarlettohara

Where have the WIR photos gone?

How does he get cube secure against WIR? I have similar WIR but have my cube inside,which sort of diminishes the easy access to cleaning etc as I have to push it forward to clean. I had thought of putting it outside but couldn’t figure out attachment as I don’t want rats or mice slithering in any gaps or worse MR Fox.

The Cube is just butted up against the WIR and stays there with it's weight, it's not attached to the run. You can take the runners off and lift the Cube roof up rather than sliding it forwards.

We've since extended the run to have a separate introduction/broody/duck run. Can only find a photo of when we built it, has a clear corrugated roof now.

Walk in Run 2.jpg

This is what we did.  The arch over the cube was made from plywood and painted.  I added some bits of 2x2 to fill the gap underneath.  The roof could still open without moving the cube.  I wish it was as clean as that now O.o  I've taken the steps off as they never use them and have a wooden ikea stool they happily hop on.

run_done_033.thumb.JPG.815cc563329a5ea8bf62fb8e017bb87c.JPG

Plum,there is no chance of 🐀 rats or 🐁 mice getting in cube??? That looks ideal and one I will be getting OH to copy. It would make cube so much easier to clean. Am I thinking of something else but on old forum did someone post about rat crawling in a gap in cube. If I was sure it was nigh on impossible I would definitely do this. Yes my cube doesn’t look like that anymore either. Especially when little rascals roost on top and poo all night.

I always shut the door at night and am then confident the girls are safe. :)

I had a mouse in the run I saw it go through the run wire.  I rather liked him but not been around now for years.

Post your new arrangements when they're done.