Well ah do declare, that is a splendid WIR, Scarlett! :clap: Roofing is a good idea, better than the corrugated plastic over the Cube which caught the wind sometimes and was tied on by bungee ropes!  My temporary WIR is my greenhouse.  Cube run or big greenhouse - mine are still sulking!  Your girls look delighted!  

Looks excellent! It being raised up will keep the base bedding nice and dry too. 

Out of curiosity how long/wide is it? We have a 16ft x 4.5ft run and a rescue told us that was only suitable for 3 hens! But I notice you have quite a few hens in and it seems really spacious still. 

On 02/04/2018 at 8:28 AM, Valkyrie said:

Well ah do declare, that is a splendid WIR, Scarlett! :clap: Roofing is a good idea, better than the corrugated plastic over the Cube which caught the wind sometimes and was tied on by bungee ropes!  My temporary WIR is my greenhouse.  Cube run or big greenhouse - mine are still sulking!  Your girls look delighted!  

I'm liking the gone with the wind accent 😀It gets really windy here as we're in a valley, the corrugated roof blew off and was never seen again 😂 

ive got 15 chooks in there, the cockerels sleep on a perch so plenty of room in the cube. We're putting shiplap up this weekend - halfway to keep it dry. The roof is felt - husband is a roofer so stays watertight. The run is 12 x 6 ft and they have loads of room (they fr in the day) and an omlet perch which they love ❤️ 

I have a lot of eggs 🙄🙄 but they sell from the gate luckily. Thanks for all the lovely comments 😍

My freeloaders are now on holiday with Mostin.  They are still sulking because it's still rubbish weather here!  I think they have a nice cosy pink eglu - which apparently they've been resting in for most of the day so far.  Mostin also has a nice big run - I'm learning lots for the future with y'all. ;)