Cat tails

Unable to stretch neck

Just came home from the vets with Lipton. Found her today very subdued, empty crop and unable to pick food up from the ground. When I picked her up, she seems unable to stretch her neck and keeps it close to her body. She is also quite unstable on her legs, but that could be because she is weak from not eating.

Vet was stumped and really couldn’t find a cause. He gave her a shot of corticosteroids as a sort of last resort to see if it is neurological.

Have now shut her in the cat carrier with some wet cat food and water. She has eaten the cat food and had some water, but I have made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon if she hasn’t improved.

Anyone a clue as what this could be?

Although Lipton did improve somewhat, I did make the decision to have her put to sleep. She was able to pick up food again and had eaten, but was still wobbly on her feet. And when I was at the vet, I noticed that one pupil looked different from the other, which it hadn’t done before. So pretty sure this was Mareks again and nothing to be done about it. And rather than waiting for her to really go down hill, this was the best decision.

Sad about my very pretty little white hen, that preferred sleeping outside and had to be put to bed every night.