patsylabrador

France

Love your pics, PL. Where did you stay? Was it a shopping trip or were you visiting friends/rellies? Did you drive or 'chunnel' it? Looks like a gorgeous place!

I speak a bit of French and Italian but muddle them up terribly. I do admire those who can speak several languages - too complicated for me!

• Like 1

I am writing this just sailing out of Portsmouth en route to Spain, possibly our paths are crossing!

OH now speaks a hybrid of French and Portugeuse when talking to a French person, of whom there are a fair number in Portugal, which is not helpful, whereas I am even more useless and default to French when speaking to a Portugeuse person.   

Its amazing how little easy it is to conjure up France, those pollarded trees and the roofline in that photo scream France to me.  If I didn't live in Portugal I would probably be living in France, I also love it.

• Like 1

We've just got home. It was such a quick but refreshing trip. It's so different to London. The town is Montreuil-sur-Mer, a bit east of Le Touquet. It was once a citadel and is just what you imagine France to be like. We were so excited to find it. We have a favourite restaurant which I accept sounds so pretentious but when you go in random people say Bon Soir and when you leave random people wish you well. The people who live there are very nice and proud of their town. We bought bread and cheese and pork for breakfast and ate out in the snow from the back of our van. Best breakfast ever. Soapdragon, it was just a whim! The plan was to be frugal in the new year but we've failed spectacularly. 

IMG_20190130_094303.jpg

IMG_20190130_095526.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1