patsylabrador

Happy news

We have a neighbour a few doors down who is in her nineties and we are also friends but we're not what you would call close. She's very independent but will ask for help if she gets worried. Just before Christmas she more or less disappeared. We didn't know where she was and when we saw moving vans we assumed that she had died. We were a bit sad that nobody knew to tell us about her funeral and then today I got a letter. She has actually moved into an assisted apartment. It was good to hear from her and we must visit because I think she's missing her old life. Just wanted to share my happy news really. 

• Like 2

What a relief that must have been, PL! Hope that you get to visit soon and maintain your friendship with her. It's hard to admit that you need help (I am going through this with my parents aged 84 and 85) but it's important that older folk are safe whilst still being as independent as possible. 

• Like 1