Alis girls

Dress code

YS is doing last A level tomorrow and having a year out before uni next year.

Hes got an interview with JD Sports on Monday. 

When I had interviews many years ago we were dressed to the nines.

Do we go mega smart

or smart casual - clean jeans and nice shirt .

Or footie kit? Joking

My kids tell me I am old fashioned.

Help

Smart casual I think - that's what mine did in a similar situation last year - and they gave him the job!  Basically, as long as they're cleanish and reasonably presentable I don't think it matters.  Good luck to YS - in my limited experience as the mother of a teenage son, but also as a lecturer dealing with other people's young adult offspring, a gap year is a truly wonderful thing re social and emotional development and capacity to cope with the challenges of living and studying independently!  

Every job interview I have been to, I have always worn full suit and tie. 

When I did an interview at ASDA, the manager took one look at me and nearly fell over because I was so well dressed! Needless to say, I got the job!

However, as this is a sports shop, I would wear smart shirt and trousers, no tie or suit. 

I would agree with what others have said. For JD sports I’d say trousers (not jeans) and a smart shirt. I’ve interviewed quite a lot of, mostly young, people for a government agency over the past couple of years, and as long as it’s clear they’ve made an effort to look smart, its more the people who’ve looked comfortable and generally well turned out rather than the people uncomfortable in who’ve made the best impression.

Smart casual... chinos and a shirt or smart jumper.

For the office job in my gap year between uni’s I wore a suit and tie but for my recent vet interviews I wore chinos and a smart woolen jumper, no one batted an eyelid and I got offered every job. I knew I could be spending time in clinical areas so wanted to be comfortable and if a practice would only employ someone wearing a suit I wouldn’t want to work there :lol: 

Good luck!