soapdragon

When Do You Decorate?

Oxford Christmas Market was Hell on Earth! Shoulder to shoulder; couldn't get to look at anything and desperately trying not to all get separated (or me getting bumped into or jostled as I didn't take my stick). Looked like there may have been some interesting stalls but no chance of getting anywhere near them. We also looked at food, briefly in passing, for after the concert that we were going to but a bratwurst was £7, hog roast £10 and cheesy chips just didn't appeal. Such a disappointment! Even getting into Oxford at 1.00pm via park and ride was hideous. I'm totally with the person who claimed that 'Hell is other people' - sounding very Bah Humbug but the whole experience was like a feeding frenzy!!! I'm such a country bumpkin 😂.

We are planning on going to Waddesdon Manor when the boys break up at 1.00pm on Friday and hoping that will be more chilled out! 

I went to Waddesdon Market a few weeks ago. It was lovely and relaxing although we did go in the morning. Have you been there before? It's very spread out with lots of delicious food stalls and extra places to walk to. Look out for the man selling the beer in blue bottles, he said he's known as the blue beer man, nice beer 🍻 

Thanks for that, PL! I've never been before in spite of the fact that its only about 45 mins away. We're not going to the house - that's really expensive and only a few rooms decorated/open at this time of year. We thought the market would be nice and also the illuminations are supposed to be really good too. Just a nice way to finish the term! We'll grab some lunch there and look out for the blue beer man - thanks for the tip off!

Some Japanese decorations. I like the reindeer made from baby footprints. My little grandson was a reindeer, in a box because he is only just learning to walk! I deliberately blurred the picture for privacy. I was so pleased to see the Christmas show and they all 'sang' Humpty Dumpty. Japan has a lot of fun with Christmas without actually celebrating it! 

IMG_20191218_165409.jpg

IMG_20191218_181749.jpg

Screenshot_20191218_181554.jpg

• Like 1