Lesley Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 I started a training course at the gym yesterday - a personal trainer supervised course for 24 sessions. I was referred by the nurse as I need to get my weight under control and help my cholesterol levels ( -not my idea of fun really ) I think I should invent a way of linking an excersize bike to the TV - if I could only watch if I was pedalling hard enough, I'd soon be thin What would you invent? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Calorie free red wine Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Or even alcohol-free wine that tastes like wine, instead of grape juice. Why do I continue to spend a fortune of 'de-alcoholised' wine, which promises that it's chardonnay, merlot or whatever, only to find it's nothing but expensive grape-juice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 16, 2007 Author Share Posted October 16, 2007 Can't help you there - I'd rather drink grape juice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 self tidying house Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard T Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 A spelling, punctuation and grammar checker for this forum. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 16, 2007 Author Share Posted October 16, 2007 It would overheat, Richard!! (now I'll have to go back and check my postings! ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cate in NZ Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Aaaargh, I'm becoming forgetful (must be my age ).......... only yesterday I had a brilliant idea for an invention, something that I really, really thought of looking into........... and now I've seen this opportunity to share it I can't remember what it was Oh, well, if it ever comes back I'll post it, unless of course it really was a brrilliant idea, in ehich case I'll just quietly go ahead and invent and patent it, and then Martin can watch me on Dragon's Den in a few years Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 I did have an idea a while ago actually. I would invent a big sort of upturned collar thing in semi ridgid plastic, which clips around a childs neck & pionts upwards (this is very hard to explain) I see it as looking a bit like those things dogs wear to stop them licking an injury. The idea is is would catch all those messy globs of conditioner or oil when you tare combing out headlice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 A spelling, punctuation and grammar checker for this forum. I'm with you 100% Richard. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhapsody Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 A duvet that puts its own cover on A kitchen that flushes Mud repellant for ponies A wheelie bin that takes itself to the end of the drive when full I could go on.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Love 'the kitchen that flushes' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Self cleaning boxer dog, clay soil and it's wet A bed that exercises you as you sleep Wine bottle that never empties BBx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happymama Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Porridge every morning (not a hardship at this time of year) is brilliant at reducing cholesterol, and keeps you going until lunch, which is also brilliant for weight loss diets, it's very low GI. I'd like to invent paint for cars, that self washes. Make me lots of money, that would. I'd like to invent the way to get across to the masses that the need for sustainable living isn't a joke, or funny, or silly, or something that they can't do anything about, or something they don't have to do anything about. If I could do that, I'd die happy. Poor, but happy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 A spelling, punctuation and grammar checker for this forum. ARE, richrad yoo ar a larf somtimes! i havent' not found their 2 bee a problen wiv spellin on heir. most peeples spellin and gramer is quite gud. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 most peeples spellin and gramer is quite gud. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 I think I should invent a way of linking an excersize bike to the TV - if I could only watch if I was pedalling hard enough, I'd soon be thin It wouldnt be that hard to make, all you have to do is add a dynamo to your bike (like on those torches) hook it up to the tv, and there you go, pedal powered tv! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Or even alcohol-free wine that tastes like wine, instead of grape juice. Why do I continue to spend a fortune of 'de-alcoholised' wine, which promises that it's chardonnay, merlot or whatever, only to find it's nothing but expensive grape-juice. Nah, I still want the alcohol, just not the calories Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
feemcg Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Chickens that don't poop Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 a tree that grows money Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FORENSICA Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Lesley, I used to go to one gym in Tooting and they had such a bike there. It was hooked up to a game where a ladybug was chased by spiders in a maze. The faster you pedalled, the faster the ladybird run It was great! But there was always a queue for it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 16, 2007 Author Share Posted October 16, 2007 I think I should invent a way of linking an excersize bike to the TV - if I could only watch if I was pedalling hard enough, I'd soon be thin It wouldnt be that hard to make, all you have to do is add a dynamo to your bike (like on those torches) hook it up to the tv, and there you go, pedal powered tv! I did see something once - I think they were testing peoples matabolic rates and thewy were in an enclosed room. They had to pedal to get TV reception. When can you pop round to hook up my TV then Fred! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 16, 2007 Author Share Posted October 16, 2007 Lesley, I used to go to one gym in Tooting and they had such a bike there. It was hooked up to a game where a ladybug was chased by spiders in a maze. The faster you pedalled, the faster the ladybird run It was great! But there was always a queue for it Cross posted there........ That sounds great Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhapsody Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Which gym was that Forensica? I used to work in most of the gyms in Tooting............ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted October 16, 2007 Share Posted October 16, 2007 Chickens that don't poop Cocks that dont crow (be quiet you!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...