Luvachicken

August Bank Holiday recipe swap 2021

On 8/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, Cat tails said:

I thought the 27th? That’s tomorrow! 😱

Hope everyone gets their recipe on time!

Oh, I thought we were opening them on the Bank Holiday Monday ??

Does that mean I can open mine today so I can go shopping tomorrow and get the ingredients tomorrow ?

On 8/27/2021 at 2:53 PM, Luvachicken said:

Oh, I thought we were opening them on the Bank Holiday Monday ??

Does that mean I can open mine today so I can go shopping tomorrow and get the ingredients tomorrow ?

Sorry you are of course right! But definitely no time on Monday for me for baking. It will be my first day back at school…. 😞

Erm, I already opened mine because I was too excited and because you'd all said today was the day.

From a "chicken crazy friend" I received recipes for a Peach and Coconut cake which sounds delicious, a new crumble recipe which has coconut and oats in the topping and a pointer to a website for millionaires shortbread - which I love.

Think I'm going to give the Peach and Coconut cake a try first.

I also received a sweet card that says "Along with cake" said the mole, "friendship is one of the sweetest things"

Thank you lovely chicken crazy friend xx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got a Cornish Ginger Fairings recipe! Never heard of them, but it sounds lovely! 
And a bonus recipe of absolutely devilish sounding chocolate mousse!

I’m now chucking the ingredients for the fairings in my online shopping basket!

All on a lovely chicken card! Thank you recipe fairy!

• Like 2

Just opened mine and it looks amazing - a savoury cake! It came with a lovely card giving more details of how/when it should be eaten together with 'background' which was really lovely (and very interesting!) I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend as some of the ingredients are def not available in the village but I will add to my next Thursday's grocery order and bake next weekend. The fact that you are supposed to eat it with wine is a complete bonus! Thank you to my thoughtful and obviously very cultured swapee!!!!!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, Luvachicken said:

Erm, I already opened mine because I was too excited and because you'd all said today was the day.

From a "chicken crazy friend" I received recipes for a Peach and Coconut cake which sounds delicious, a new crumble recipe which has coconut and oats in the topping and a pointer to a website for millionaires shortbread - which I love.

Think I'm going to give the Peach and Coconut cake a try first.

I also received a sweet card that says "Along with cake" said the mole, "friendship is one of the sweetest things"

Thank you lovely chicken crazy friend xx

Are you a coconut fan, by any chance😉?

• Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, soapdragon said:

Are you a coconut fan, by any chance😉?

I do like coconut actually - especially the coconut Lindt Balls.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:10 PM, mullethunter said:

Also with incredible drawings of chickens!

Those are beautiful drawings.

It would make lovely note paper for sending letters.

• Like 2

I have also opened mine ready to try - lovely biscuits and brownies all written out so lovely - I can't wait to try and eat both just may have to wait a few days as everything is crazy here as my 16 year old leaves home to go to College and whilst studying is part of the elite rugby squad so also getting trained in all things rugby - I am just not ready for my little ones big adventure to start but the brownies may help - Thank you 

• Like 3

Sorry I was out last night getting my fish and chip fix - not usual French cuisine however a small cafe does it once a month locally and we are like moths to a light.

So this morning I opened my envelope, inside were 2 beautifully laminated recipes, someone has obviously been spying on me and knows that most of my recipe books also contain remnants of ingredients😂.

I have a fruit loaf recipe and a chocolate orange scone one, I’m going to make the fruit loaf later as I have the ingredients however we can’t buy Terry’s chocolate oranges her so will have to look for an orange chocolate substitution which shouldn’t be difficult as the French love sweet foods.

Thank you so much and I look forward to baking later.

• Like 3