pepe

silly ? about eggs!

i read on some science web site recently that they should be kept in the fridge (to reduce bacteria growth inside the egg) but if you want to bake with them, let them reach room temp first as makes them easier to beat/mix.

They will keep longer in the fridge or somewhere cool.

I keep our eggs in a ceramic egg tray on a shelf in the kitchen. I think they are better if kept at room temperature, and they are so tasty they don't stay in the egg tray for long :D

If the eggs are a bit pooey I brush off the poo with a piece of dry kitchen paper.

We started keeping ours in a lovely egg stand when we got them, but we went back to the fridge because we were finding that they had an odd 'fishy' taste and smell. This could have been just the eggs from our dear departed Gloria who was never quite well, we will never know. I am also worried about the cats knocking them over when out of the fridge.

I keep mine in the cupboard-out of reach of children and cats. :D

I found myself looking at 'shop eggs' the other week. I stood there looking at the eggs thinking- oooo, that one looks like Rose's, that one is a bit like Ria's!! How sad is that?? Second thoughts-please don't answer, I don't want to know!! :oops: