Cat tails

Meet Flo

Well, had a trip back to the vet today for a glue session… and now Flo is, very unwillingly sporting the latest kitty fashion😂

C8A08F62-2314-43F3-847B-8CD6582743FF.jpeg

5E5B0E69-84EB-47FF-8E0E-2E51338A6344.jpeg

It didn’t take her long to make her opinion clear though… These medpet shirts have buttons on their bum, but that didn’t deter Flo. 😅

343F7554-1610-40F1-876A-A12FDE88F809.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:27 PM, mullethunter said:

I was reading the post thinking, ‘Blimey, our cats would never have kept them on…’ 🤣

My moms cat never made a fuss when she had to wear it. But Flo…

Although she has kept it on since I put it back on. And is now away with the fairies.

347C8D83-359F-4EE8-8C22-4B652A26F16A.jpeg

• Like 2

She is even more cute in the red shirt!.  Messy litter monkey though.  I had to get a top opening litter tray and its the best ever - Marley digs and scrapes and it all stays inside the box for a change and he does not mind using it.     Hope she keeps the shirt on for the few more days it will be needed.  Got to love her

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, Blackrocksrock said:

She is even more cute in the red shirt!.  Messy litter monkey though.  I had to get a top opening litter tray and its the best ever - Marley digs and scrapes and it all stays inside the box for a change and he does not mind using it.     Hope she keeps the shirt on for the few more days it will be needed.  Got to love her

She normally has a top opening litter tray too, but with the shirt I figured a normal one is easier. But definitely going back to the other litter box once she is officially free! 
I got her a second blue shirt, as she has some pee issues with the red one. But the collar is wider so she can get that one off way too easily. The colour suits her though!

1214D012-EFDF-4F9F-B2D0-F7BDE38AB807.jpeg

• Like 3

I had never seen one of these till we came to Portugal. We were offered a choice of a collar or a romper suit, so went with the latter.  Ours came with velcro round the neck and a zip all along the back.  I found our girl was super well behaved in it, very calm, unlike our boy who had a collar for his neutering and it was hell, he nearly choked.  The only problem was getting the suit on, how on earth did you manage with one person?!  My OH had to pick her up very firmly by the scruff of her neck whilst I manipulated all 4 legs into the holes without her clawing me!

You put this one on as a shirt, so once you pull the romper suit over her head, she doesn’t have much choice than stick her front legs through the holes. The back is fastened with push buttons around her bum. But that’s the part she hates the most… nobody is too touch her private bits!

Hahaha no the lampshade is a horror. Had a cat panic once and she knocked herself out when she got caught behind a step of the stairs. 
At least with these suits they can technically still do everything, but it does slow them down quite a bit. And the blue one even has a button on the belly for when you need to walk your male dog. You open the back and sort of roll it up like a sleeve of a shirt.

They come in many sizes too.

She does manage to wrap her lead around just about every plant, chair leg etc.

And I think it helped enormously that I started with the harness when she was still wearing the romper suit. The harness is actually made for cats yo wear in the car. It even has an adapter to attach to a seatbelt clip. Not that I have a car. But it is made of seatbelt material and very sturdy. So less chance of escaping.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, Luvachicken said:

Frogs make a terrible noise if they get captured.

Hubby's mum's cat caught one a long time ago and it made a right racket.

I love her collar and lead - I think Bonnie would like one as long as that.

You can spot the frog in the second photo near her head!

Flo would love NO LEAD!

My OH only said yesterday that it wasn't right that the smallest animal in the house (ie our adopted girl) seemed to be in charge!

We used to have a feisty hen, called Dave, who would single out my female cat, and chase her, from way across the garden.  Most peculiar.    

My chickens definitely know the difference between cats. They used to never bat an eye when iPoes was around as she never did anything in their direction. They know Red is quite okay and ignore him mostly. But they will shout their lungs out when a strange cat is in the garden. 
Think they’ll learn to ignore Flo in the end too.

• Like 1