Cat tails

Meet Flo

So yes… that didn’t take long!

I signed up for a kitten at a local cat rescue and they called me to say they had a kitten with some medical issues. As I did add to the form that I don’t mind those. Kitten has a little heart murmur, a little hernia on her belly and started life covered in fleas and with a bad case of the cat flu.

So I ended up collecting this little pretty on Monday. She’s called Florence Nightingale (Flo) and is about 4,5 months old.

E30866F0-22F1-4B29-A0C9-DAE5EB096877.jpeg

7EC9619D-F785-44AC-913F-12904C1445F0.jpeg

43ECD7BE-BCAC-4500-869B-C2A90ACA8763.jpeg

934BEF50-374F-44F0-AF41-C5B27DCA1C70.jpeg

B46F19E2-E0DC-4396-B1AD-6A1961C863E1.jpeg

8932696A-A7C0-4DBA-BBFB-7F9FCB8EBBA0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, Luvachicken said:

I also love Pooh and Tigger on your window - did you paint them on there ?

Did it with a chalk pen.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, Luvachicken said:

She is very pretty and looks like she has settled into your house and made herself at home.

I love how she is climbing up your window frame.

It’s a shame I can’t share videos easily on here. She’s very funny and was hanging on the frame trying to get to the birds outside.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:45 AM, Luvachicken said:

That's amazing and very clever !!

Has Flo climbed up your Christmas tree yet ?

She is not allowed anywhere NEAR the tree! She’s like a wrecking ball, but a very sweet and funny one. 

Flo is living in my bedroom and study for the moment, and Red in my kitchen and living room. Once the tree is gone, I’m going to try and introduce them.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, Cat tails said:

She is not allowed anywhere NEAR the tree! She’s like a wrecking ball, but a very sweet and funny one. 

Flo is living in my bedroom and study for the moment, and Red in my kitchen and living room. Once the tree is gone, I’m going to try and introduce them.

I hope the introductions go well.

Are they easier to get together than chickens ?

On 12/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, Luvachicken said:

I think my chickens do - they just aren't visible :lol:

On a more serious note though, cats can be quite vicious so I hope they get on well from the beginning. 

Me too, Flo is so far VERY excited to see Red. Red is mostly ignoring her existence. We’ll see

Got rid of the Christmas tree today and opened the living room door and let the two meet properly for the first time. Red is quite hesitant and not convinced yet. Turns out Flo is a little wench that doesn’t back off much! 😂

Had to give her some time outs to let Red just lie and sleep. She stalks him and then wacks him on the head! 😅 Poor Red!

And yes… that is her lying on my coffee table… 🙄

EF1152B8-7DAC-45DA-84F0-3C60BE3CFBAC.jpeg

1F321490-79D9-47BE-971F-477C7D6BDADB.jpeg

Lovely catties!

I'd say that's excellent progress, really quickly.  I have a small stray female and a larger resident boy.  He tolerates her until he catches her eating his food, then he just goes for her.  Its taken 4 months for her to venture inside and stay indoors overnight, and it took the pair of them about 3 months to be fed close to each other.  But the weird thing is, although he keeps trying to impose himself as top cat, if he isn't chasing her to try to beat her up, he likes to sit about a metre away from where she is sitting!   

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:14 PM, Luvachicken said:

I thought Flo looked quite big on the coffee table until I saw her next to Red when they were eating.

Hope she starts to see him as a friend and doesn't pester him too much.

Red is a large cat though, but clearly a real pushover too. He definitely wasn’t top cat with iPoes and clearly didn’t take the opportunity this time either…

But he does assert all his dominance outside over all the neighbourhood cats and comes back covered in scratches. 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 1/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, Daphne said:

Lovely catties!

I'd say that's excellent progress, really quickly.  I have a small stray female and a larger resident boy.  He tolerates her until he catches her eating his food, then he just goes for her.  Its taken 4 months for her to venture inside and stay indoors overnight, and it took the pair of them about 3 months to be fed close to each other.  But the weird thing is, although he keeps trying to impose himself as top cat, if he isn't chasing her to try to beat her up, he likes to sit about a metre away from where she is sitting!   

it took iPoes and Red years to learn to coexist as Red was a walk-in too. In the end he got to even groom her, but she never returned the favour.