Cat tails

Meet Flo

My cockerel used to have a specific call for our cat.  It wasn’t a very nice word!    Seeing her with the harness on, reminds me that last year, I went to our local Arboretum, which has a very large NO DOGS notice to meet a large Maine Coon walking there on a lead!  It caused quite a stir

• Haha 2

On 3/14/2022 at 10:14 PM, Luvachicken said:

Frogs make a terrible noise if they get captured.

They do!!!! I heard a screaming in the garden last summer and when I got out there one of the chickens had a frog. After a somewhat Bennie Hill chase around the garden I did manage to rescue it unharmed.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, Blackrocksrock said:

Oh Bless her even her eye looks half shut.   Hope it's better tomorrow

That was the stink eye she was giving me for not being let OUT of the garden! 😂

She didn’t suffer much and didn’t learn much either. Just splatted another bumblebee and got stung in the foot this time. 🙄

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 2:55 PM, HarrisonFamily said:

I am not a cat person normally but she really is so cute...

Me too (mainly because we are allergic to them and they catch the birds in my garden) and I totally agree, she is fab.

Bonnie has also discovered bees but not yet caught any.

I hope Flo learns to leave them alone soon xx

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:08 PM, mullethunter said:

Oh dear - she’s not very bright!!! 🥰

We called our cat Fat Paw for ages after he batted a wasp. Eventually we changed to calling him Custard Ear…

Oh she’s bright enough, but just very very stubborn and determined! 😂
And indeed also very hard of hearing when it concerns any of her behaviour.

• Haha 2

She is lovely, she looks just right and in proportion, a small cat with big eyes just like our little girl.  Since her spaying op, ours has acquired a new personality.  She is more feisty than she used to be, she is now bullying the slightly older and larger resident male cat.  She is also hunting (previously I only saw her inexpertly lunge at butterflies) and bringing home mice to eat, and she is generally full of the joys of Spring.  Both cats will come for a walk with us (not far) and with the clocks changing we have restarted gentle strolls after dinner, its a real tonic to see the pair of them bounding about, with their tails fluffed up through excitement.

• Like 1