little chickadee

Guide Dog pup Quita .... has gone for training.

Will do Clare!

Well Quita had her op yesterday and has woken up very annoyed that she isn't allowed to go out and play! Her dressing came off this morning and I think it's a bit sore, but she's mainly just frustrated!

Spot which dog has just had a general! (Taken last night - Holly always looks like she's been shot when she's asleep! lol )

016-2.jpg

Quita has recovered really well from her op and hasn't been in the slightest bit interested in the wound. :D

We've had sad news today though that it might be April before we got a new pup as there just aren't enough pups in the system at the moment :cry: I'd got myself prepared for having a crossover, then when I realised that probably wasn't going to be possible, I expected a week or two wait, but a month has come as a bit of a shock. Poo!

Well we're approaching the part of puppy walking I've really not been looking forward to. 1 week to go until Quita goes in for training. It's March 3rd she's been picked up not the 2nd as we thought at first. Still, we knew it would happen and she is going off to bigger and better things :D Can't pretend we've not shed tears though!

New pup Raffles arrives on 25th March, so we're going to be gloss painting the downstairs paintwork in between puppies :lol:

I understand why there are so many people who do puppy walking once :( We're not giving up though, hard as it's going to be to let her go.

Really really not looking forward to tomorrow and determined not to cry in front of our supervisor. I'll be ok as long as she doesn't ask if I'm alright. I always lose the battle with tears when anyone asks me that when I'm quite obviously not :lol:

The kennels phoned on Sunday and asked OH lots of questions about her. Apparently she sounds very like her sister Questa, who is at the same kennels. She'll have so much fun with the other dogs.

You've done such a fabulous and worthwhile job over the time that you've had Quita :clap: :clap: I'm sure you will feel very sad tomorrow when she goes, but you should be really proud of what you and she have achieved together and what a wonderful guide dog she will be for someone.

Think of all the lovely times you've had with her and all the lovely ones to come when Raffles arrives :lol:

Will be thinking of you tomorrow :cry:

Big hugs

xx

Well done :clap:

Just think of the person you are ultimately helping aswell :) .

I went to train Guide Dogs for Work Experience and I also know someone who puppy walks and I think it's a really good charity who do fantastic work.

I'd like to get more involved, but can't do puppy walking because of the other animals we have (and my dad :roll: ) so I'm going to try and help out with fundraising.

It won't be long until you have Raffles :D

I went to train Guide Dogs for Work Experience and I also know someone who puppy walks and I think it's a really good charity who do fantastic work.

I'd like to get more involved, but can't do puppy walking because of the other animals we have (and my dad :roll: ) so I'm going to try and help out with fundraising.

Have you thought about havinga Guide Dog Brood B.itch :clap:

I have, but Dad wont let us get a dog so its a no go. Someone I know who is puppy walking at the moment's dog may be going to Australia as a Brood B.itch :)

The closest I can get is other peoples dogs and sponsoring a puppy.

I have, but Dad wont let us get a dog so its a no go. Someone I know who is puppy walking at the moment's dog may be going to Australia as a Brood B.itch :)

The closest I can get is other peoples dogs and sponsoring a puppy.

Australia.... :eh: That's the first I've heard about Australia.... I don't think we have any BB's going there :?