little chickadee

Guide Dog pup Quita .... has gone for training.

So you're not too busy at the moment then Clare!!

I'm a national sponsor on my 3rd guide dog and get updates in the post regularly - the little ones are so cute!

I think the greyhound will be fine as he has been with you for a while and it now used to seeing other dogs - they only flip when they first come out of kennels as they only know their own breed.

Can't wait to see the photos!

oooh how exciting.

James' school are collecting for a guide dog puppy this year. This is entirely the kind of charitable collection I approve of for children - they will be able to see tangible results that they can all understand (sorry but I think they are all too distanced from children in need etc). They are all very excited which makes me really happy.

Oh the chicken keeping course just got even more exciting.

It's Quita! :wink:

and She's beautiful. :wink:

Thanks Smudgley - know how to spell it now! (Smudgley works with the breeding females and litters before they go out to puppy walkers)

So far there are 3 puppy walkers and one person who actually works for the association (Smudgley) on the forum. I think Christian did some work experience with them too at some stage, but it could have been someone else.

We're expecting her around lunch time. My daughter is off school today because she was sick in the night (she's really dissapointed she will be here when Quita gets here! :lol: )

Pictures to follow soon :D

Here we are - Introducing Quita !..................

016-1.jpg

019.jpg

010.jpg

she's so tiny!

She's been really good, done two Busy's (the command we will teach her to relieve herself) on the concrete outside, and is now asleep under a chair.

There was a confusion with headquarters and we havn't been given an indoor kennel, so that's being sorted out this afternoon hopefully

Sorry Claret - she's not allowed out today and you're a bit far away!!! :wink:

She is particularly cuddly though and still fast asleep. She came down from the breeding centre in Warwickshire to the headquarters in essex, then up to us so no wonder she's tired!

She's 6 weeks old (someone asked!)

I think I'm going to have to get used to being covered in yellow hair constantly! Holly the greyhound doesn't shed hair, so it will be interesting having a "real" dog!