little chickadee

Guide Dog pup Quita .... has gone for training.

Just had the interview and I think that it went really really well. Holly was fine - very friendly with the puppy they brought - barked at him when he tried getting up on her back, but nothing more.

The garden is fine, except we need to put chicken wire on the inside of the new gates.

Really really friendly coordinator. Very positive. Everything seemed to point to there not being any problems with us as prospective Puppy Walkers.

One thing she said which surprised me though was that you can get members of the public coming up to you and being quite abusive, as they think that working dogs is cruel and that Guide dogs are treated like robots. Doesn't put us off, just surprised! I suppose people are bizarre in all situations aren't they!

We formally find out within 10 days if we've been accepted, but apparently it doesn't normally take this long. A report needs to be written etc etc.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for everyone's kind words and good wishes. :D

you can get members of the public coming up to you and being quite abusive, as they think that working dogs is cruel and that Guide dogs are treated like robots.

Good Lord!

I can't get my breath!

Have they forgotten what guide dogs do exactly? :?

If only members of the public felt so strongly about battery hens!

Am delighted it went well.

Fingers crossed.

you can get members of the public coming up to you and being quite abusive, as they think that working dogs is cruel and that Guide dogs are treated like robots.

Good Lord!

I can't get my breath!

Have they forgotten what guide dogs do exactly? :?

If only members of the public felt so strongly about battery hens!

I also find this very :shock::shock: I always have to stop myself

patting or acknowledging guide dogs, and bear in mind that they are

'working' and musn't be distracted.

Good luck, it all sounds very positive :)

Tessa

Some people consider the enslavement of any animal to be a form of cruelty :roll:

Don't understand it myself even keeping a pet dog or cat is wrong to them :evil:

The world would be devoid of animal if we all thought like that as we wouldn't have them if we had no need for them :?

Good luck with the puppy walking :D

We've just been Approved :dance::shock:

The coordinator will come back on Tuesday to check the gate is ok, as it wasn't finished last time she came. Just got to put chicken wire on it now (we weren't going to bother if we hadn' t been approved)

Then........ if that's all ok, there are new puppies ready all the time............

Excited, nervous etc etc. I've never had a normal dog (Greyhounds just sleep all day, so are not particularly taxing!)