little chickadee

Guide Dog pup Quita .... has gone for training.

We don't get to choose the name as they are named in strict A - Z fashion to help to identify different dogs. The lady who came round had had two puppies called Ufar! Wonder if we'll get an Alice, Wayne or Zelda!!!

The course is still going ahead, but I believe it's taking a while to sort out course content/ fees etc. Claret says she will pm everyone who is interested when it's going to go on the booking board.

P.S of course there will be loads of photos. I'm sure people will be more interested than in the mealworm farm photos !!! :wink:

You get no choice about the name I'm afraid Claret, even if it's completely dreadful ! The one we met on our interview was called Clarke, which is ok I suppose! We changed our cats names when we got them (they were called Bubble and Squeak) and our greyhound Holly was called Chelsea, but we will just have to call the puppy whatever it's lumbered with!

My son keeps asking "what if the puppy is called Fish Cloth?" I don't know where he's got that one from!!!!

As we think it will be a sponsored puppy, the sponsor will probably get to name the puppy. From what I can gather there are two different types of sponsorship

1 - the nationally sponsored puppies, which multiple people sponsor and are given updates on

2 - individually sponsored puppies (I think this is significantly more expensive) The sponsor gets to name the puppy and will meet it (which is why it will need to go to a puppy walker fairly near to the sponsor)

Our co-ordinator rung this morning saying there were 3 puppies which need homing TOMORROW ! and could we have one?! We said yes and are now trying not to flap. No bedding, no bowls, tidy the house etc etc! I think her name is Keeta (although I have no idea how you spell this!) and she is a golden lab/ retriever cross :shock: Got to go and get organised now!

We will be phoned later this afternoon to sort out the details!!!