Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh! my own soap - never thought of it like that. I'm glad you all enjoy it.

No recent photos of the kittens - I picked them up quickly today - looks like one boy and one girl. Mum is still very wary and I really don't want to abandon them - I don't fancy bottle feeding all through the night :roll:

We went and checked out a small abattoir today - (Long Compton, Claret and Clare*) - we now know what we need to do and when, and how much it will all cost.

Was that your farm on Location Location Location tonight? A couple of camel farmers were house & land hunting - all I can say is "that poor woman, coming second, third or fourth to her husband's camels!"

We have the number for a visiting butcher - but you can't sell or give the meat away, it is only for your own consumption.

If you take them to the abattoir, they do everything and you pick up the packaged meat after a couple of days, all labelled. This can then be sold or given to family - as long as it is not opened or touched. If we opened the packs of diced pork to make sausages then we couldn't sell the sausages.

There is a Japanese (I think) method of rearing beef cattle where the cows are fed beer every day and massaged. The meat is supposed to be amazing and the cows very contented. I'd content with a couple of pints and a daily massage :lol: