Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Sorry :oops:

The sixth one is quite obscure - just a tiny gingery/tabby face peeping underneath the gate. To the left, and below, the black cat.

L-R

1. Left of photo, on fence.

2. O top of the butt.

3. Top of Hive

4. R/H side of Hive

5. then....... look through the gate to the fencing at the back. Where the front gate has a diagonal bar you can see a cat's face - I think :lol: I know there was a cat there when I reached for the camera!

6. Black cat on top of the fence.

I can't believe I am sad enough to have done this. :oops:

I can't see the sixth where you suggest Lesley, but can see what could be a tiny face marked with x under the third horizontal bar of the fence.

xmarksthespot-1.jpg

Sorry the pink lines are wobbly, I am not drunk, just left handed using a right handed mouse. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

We actually made it to an apiary meeting on Sunday. The only visits we've made so far - last year and this year - have been in torrential rain. We were beginning to think we were jinxed :? We didn't really have time to go as Carl was strimming weeds and I was trying to finish grouting the kitchen tiles....... we scoffed sandwiches in the car on the way there and made it on time...........in the sunshine :D8)

We opened up hives of very angry bees and it was a bit scary for a time. The bees settled and we helped with some 'queen grafting'. The bees were angry because it was a lean time in the woods for any forage for the bees - but ours at home have plenty :shock:

We came home and went through our own hive whilst we still had all the Teletubby gear on. We found the queen in the swarm we collected and marked her. We were worried that we may have left the queen behind or she might have flown away, but all was well. They are all doing well and are really busy. From the colour of the pollen being brought in, they are foraging on the elderflower and buttercups! We added an alighting board to the hive so that they have a landing area and we can observe the bees as they land with pollen stores.

This is now my view from my computer! - 2 hives in waiting!

2008_0614MiscJune20080001.jpg