Jump to content
Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Recommended Posts

Ahhh, gorgeous chickies 8) Is that a familiar purple eglu Lesley? Lovely to think it has chicks in it! :D I could only spot 5 cats as well - they are well camouflaged aren't they :lol: Hope you have better luck with the bees this year Lesley :?:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a very black cat in there as well :lol:

 

The hen went broody and so we put half of an Eglu run around the Eglu she had chosen. She had gathered up 8 eggs from all the hens in that pen.

 

....and then all the hens in that pen stopped laying :? We couldn't work out why. We left the hen to sit on her eggs and knew that she was getting off the nest as her food was disappearing.

 

After about 4 days,I found her out in the main run and another chicken frantically trying to get out of the Eglu run :? I looked in the Eglu .....................and found she had been sitting on 23 eggs :shock:

 

The other hens had been pushing into the run and laying in 'their' Eglu.

 

We had to make the run out of bounds to the others and as she was still broody, we gave her 7 new eggs.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found all 6 cats but then I have cats so I know where to look :wink:

 

Actually I now have three cats as I've just adpoted one from my mum. Once they all settle down together with each other I'll try and get photos up, new boy is an enormous ginger tabby .

 

Lesley your new chicks are soooo cute, glad to hear that they are doing well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

I do like to see the cats - as long as they stay outside :wink:

 

I'm not too fond of all the cat poop in the big litter trays we made for them - otherwise known as raised beds for the veggies. :evil::twisted: - but at least they keep pigeons away from the brassicas :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...