Hi all

I've had my cube just over a week and have been struggling with the sliding roof.

It seems to be sticking as I try and close it. Initially I tied putting some spray polish on the runner areas but that didn't really help.

Seems it's catching on the metal plates that appear to be there to stop the lid being lifted when it is closed.

It's even shaving small amounts of plastic off the underside of the lid.

Anybody had the same problem? Got any idea how to resolve it?

Do OMLET monitor this forum? If so, what do OMLET think?

Thanks in advance

T.

Yes I had the same thing - the shaving stops after a while when the roof has bedded in :roll: I have to give it a short hard shove to get it beyond about 6 inches. It moves all right far enough to get at the bolts on the back panel though. It's only needs the hard shove if you want to remove it or a chicken from inside the house.

You guys should not be struggling to try and lift the roof off. Once you have pushed it forward have a look at the metal brackets inside they may need a little adjustment (up or down, but sounds like down) then it should slide nice and easy.

Hope this helps.

Have just put the missing lid runners on my cube and tried to get the lid to run properly :cry:

I am having the same problems as you all mention above - the plastic shavings where it touches the end of the lid runner I think. Also very difficult to get it to move on the runners - not sliding nicely at all.

Should it go forward and then not be able to move anymore when the end of the lid runner reaches of the lid hooks? My lid seems to go further and then the hook comes off the runner completely :cry::oops::cry:

Should I be moving the lid runner bracket down a bit? Can someone explain this a bit better than the Omlet instructions as they don't seem to clear to me at all?

Help - I just want my cube to work :? Oh and I mashed my finger at the same time as trying to do this - probably on the lid runners :cry: Blood spots all over my cube :cry:

Phosphorous - intrigued by the use of the words "lid runners".

Do you have some form of runner between the lid and the carcass?

Mine doesn't appear to have anything except the metal pieces that, as far as I can tell, simply hold the "front" of the lid in place when the "back" is locked.

Omlet put mine together for me and (I confess) I've not looked at the instructions that came with it (but I will tonight).

Could it be I'm missing something?

Phosphorous - intrigued by the use of the words "lid runners".

Do you have some form of runner between the lid and the carcass?

Mine doesn't appear to have anything except the metal pieces that, as far as I can tell, simply hold the "front" of the lid in place when the "back" is locked.

Omlet put mine together for me and (I confess) I've not looked at the instructions that came with it (but I will tonight).

Could it be I'm missing something?

Don't worry - lid runners are what they call the metal brackets attached to the sides: the long thin brackets with one end bigger than the other. You do have them :wink:

Just for completeness .....

Following the advice from this forum (thanks everyone) I adjusted the runners on my lid a few days ago and it now moves nice and freely.

My cube was put together by Omlet. Cannot fault the cube, the delivery or the build other than this one niggle.