feemcg

Mac and Mima are gone

:cry: - very sad today as the ducks have gone to their new home. As some of you know Mac was being very territorial and chasing me, but also I found the ducks to be a lot more 'high maintenance' than the chooks and I was worried about leaving them for a weekend, which I can do with the chooks.

If I left them in the eglu run they wouldn't get access to their pond, and also it doesn't matter if I give them 1, 2 or 3 drinkers they empty them all in a day.

So they've gone to the couple at the caravan site where we have our 'van - they have loads of chooks (including 3 Cream Legbars that I hatched). It's a great environment for them, all the chooks roam amongst the caravans, and the chap has just emailed me to say they're quite happy, been in their pond and the peacock and peahen are taking a great interest in them :lol:

I've absolutely loved hatching and keeping the ducks, they are so cute as babies and have loads of character, so I'm glad I've experienced it but I won't be keeping any more....and I'll still get to see Mac and Mima when I go to the caravan :D

Someone on another forum had the same problem with her home hatched drake chasing her, so she gave him to a farmer friend - 2 years later the drake has never chased the farmer but when she goes to visit he still chases her :evil: . I'm hoping he'll be too busy with his new country lifestyle to be bothered with me :lol:

Thanks everyone :D .

More hens, Egluntine, why of course :lol: - I'll be keeping a Light Sussex and Exchequer Leghorn from the current 7 week old chicks, and have Blue-laced Wyandottes and French Copper Black Marans hatching on Friday (finger crossed for plenty of girls as a few are spoken for already) :D .