WitchHazel

I love my Roomba!

At last, the Roomba 560s are available to buy. I've been waiting very impatiently for some time now, as I made the decision to buy one some weeks ago.

It does a much better job than I was expecting, and I'm amazed at how much dirt it picks up. We have solid floors throughout our downstairs, so yesterday i set it to work one room at a time, and emptied the bin in between rooms.

Then I did upstairs, in three parts: our bedroom (solid floor), the bathroom (solid floor) and the landing/one spare bedroom/study in one go. Again, I emptied it in between.

Then I moved some obstacles around downstairs and set it off again.

I wish I'd kept all the debris it managed to collect, I'm amazed!

I also programmed it to start automatically at 10.15pm to clean the whole of downstairs. Unfortunately it managed to navigate its way round the cats' play tunnel in such a way that it blocked the doorway with the tunnel. It called out with its little "oh-oh" sound and DH had to get up and rescue it.

The scheduling and the return-to-base features are just fab.

Anyway. I wouldn't have got one if I hadn't read the reviews on here, so thank you

I love mine too.

I really,really love it.Hes doing the living room as I type (I can multi task!)

He does get stuck sometimes the poor dear & I had to rescue him from under Devons bed yesterday where he was tussling with a pair of discarded knickers,but he has made my life so much easier.

I have noticed that one of the little whizzy side brushes has snapped off - has anyone else had this?

:?:?:?:?

Am I the only member of the forum who actually enjoys hoovering? I love zipping around the house with Diane (the dyson :oops: ), sooking up the fur'n'feathers left by the pets, and the general much left by chookiehubbie and the children. And as for attacking something with the attachments - words fail me! :D:D:D:D

He does get stuck sometimes the poor dear & I had to rescue him from under Devons bed yesterday where he was tussling with a pair of discarded knickers,but he has made my life so much easier.

That really made me laugh. :lol:

I've not had any bits fall off yet :shock:

I've noticed the scooba doesn't do corners well as it is round and doesn't have bits that stick out like the roomba. It does leave the odd dirty mark from spreading dirt (it does, don't believe the advert), but if you keep your floor at a high level of clean :oops: it is a lot better than using when it is muddy. The chicken pen and associated mats are very muddy-what can I say, I keep a pair of boots especially. It uses a chemical cleaning fluid, but you can substitute vinegar which I have not tried as OH has bought industrial quantities of cleaning fluid. We also had to import from america and use and adapter.

But it is nice for the kitchen floor as we are hopeless with housework and OH gets excited because it is a gadget and I rarely touch roomba/scooba. :wink:

have you seen the cost of the garden one? :shock::wink:

my sister said I was really lazy getting one :roll:

Mind you she is unmarried,lives alone & has no pets so what would she know? :lol:

My DH was surorised that I scheduled it to clean downstairs at 10.15pm every night (His words were "surely it doens't need doing EVERY day?"). I emptied the bin yesterday, and then I emptied it again this morning, so it just had last nights stuff in....I can't believe there was so much!

THEN I decided that, as it had now done 4 cleans, I needed to clean the brishes and the filter. Oh. My, God.

No wonder the poor filter needs cleaning that often. I really, really, really wish I'd kept all the debris from the last three days so I could photograph it to show you how much there is. The filter/brush pile was ENORMOUS.

This is definitely a value for money product.

Right - I've decided to peep around the door into this thread -and sorry if it's already been asked.... but how does it cope with lots of chair legs? - do you have to move all the furniture all the time?

...and how does it cope with all the dog hair? - I'm surprised Jazz isn't bald.... all the hair rolling about :roll:

It copes with Millies hair really well, but she is very short haired.

It seems to pick up human hair easily though, judging from the amount on the wheels :lol:

It also clears up the cats fur with no problems. Its brilliant - in fact I am almost tempted to put it into the hen pen & see if it clears that out too :lol:

I pick up my didning room chairs once a week, but Roomba it with them on the floor another couple of times a week & it does a fab job.

One HUGE advantage of getting a Roomba is that it maks you keep your floors more clear ........my house has never looked so tidy since he came to stay :lol:

Edited by Guest