Ana's flock

International Omlet Forum?

what an interesting thread reading where everyone comes from. :)

I was born in Devon ( I speak fluent "dumpling" :lol: "Oooo arrrhhhh") My mum was born in Germany and my grandmother (mum's mum) is from the Ukraine (still very much Ukrainian), my nan was in a labour camp in WW2.

My heritage is not exciting either.

I was born in Wales, to Welsh parents, with a German granddad - still holding the German surname, and now live in England with a "switchable" accent - I no longer speak with my rather rough and common Valleys Welsh day to day but it pop's back whenever I spend time in Wales, or with Welsh people.

It's fun watching people guess where I come from just from my accent, or by seeing my name :lol:

There's even a Polish guy at Salsa that added me as a friend on Facebook as he thought I was a Pole!

A

xx

Ooh I think that's quite exciting, actually! Interesting you say that .... anyone else noticed that regional accents become much stronger when people return 'home'?

(I don't have an accent, of course, as I'm from London. We talk normally, everyone else talks funny! :wink: )

LOL, thats not really for you to know. :lol:

I've never been skint, im too clever for that. :lol:

I've recently sold some property in this country though that i bought when i was 17 and 18 and i've put a offer in on a 32 acre small holding for me and the boys! :D

And we plan to rent it out to recouperate the morgage repayments.

Edited by Guest