james

New Forum - What do you think?

I thought I hated all sorts of things.

Then I tried to reply here and say what I hated.

That's when I realised I wasn't logged in :oops: and me an IT teacher :oops::oops:

I'll have another look now....

Now I'm getting used to it, I quite like it!

One wee niggle though - even though I'm switched to 'yes' for email notifications for PM's, I aint getting any. :(

At first, very rushed glance, I like it :D

In reply to Goonergirl (I think) the black dot appears in threads that you've contibuted to, or at least I think that's right :D

I see we've got the report a post thing back :?

Yes - that makes sense - so how come some posts have circles without dots and some just don't have circles at all then? :?

It will take a bit of getting used to. I agree with Ubereglu that I preferred to be taken back to the forum rather than the main index when I clicked on the back arrow. The amount of time we all spend on here, I am sure that we will soon know what we are doing :)

I wondered what the little post it notes and dots meant. I don't think they appear if you have contributed to a post, as there are some on posts I have not contributed to.

Also, when you hover your pointer over something you used to get a description. Now I just get '...Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.' Eh? :?

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon! :lol:

I wondered what the little post it notes and dots meant. I don't think they appear if you have contributed to a post, as there are some on posts I have not contributed to.

I've been wondering too :?:? I've also got some on posts I haven't contributed to :? And why are they different colours (some white, some yellow) and some have black dots and some don't :roll::roll:

Can't wait to find out what they mean :lol:

I've been wondering too :?:? I've also got some on posts I haven't contributed to :? And why are they different colours (some white, some yellow) and some have black dots and some don't :roll::roll:

Can't wait to find out what they mean :lol:

Oooh, I don't have different coloured post it notes! :shock:

I'm wondering how much is actually new and how much is just because I'm on my work laptop! :o

Ah hah! I have it (partly) sussed! Post it notes are added to threads with 3 or more pages! Eureka! 8)

(Gosh it's quiet at work tonight) :roll:

Not sure why we need a post it note though when it is obvious from the link. I'd much prefer to see which ones I have contributed to. :D

Edited to add: Another eureka moment - the dots on the post it notes are threads you have contributed to that are over 3 pages long. Ta da! :lol:

Now I'm getting used to it, I quite like it!

One wee niggle though - even though I'm switched to 'yes' for email notifications for PM's, I aint getting any. :(

It's been MONTHS since my notifications worked. They are switched to YES but they don't come, every couple of weeks I swich them to NO for a few days then back to YES but they just DO NOT WORK.

Which has driven me NUTS! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ah hah! I have it (partly) sussed! Post it notes are added to threads with 3 or more pages! Eureka! 8)

Not sure why we need a post it note though when it is obvious from the link. I'd much prefer to see which ones I have contributed to. :D

not sure about that Snowy - there are posts which are longer eg Couperman's Smoking Thread - and they haven't got a 'post it note' :?

this is gonna keep me awake for a while :wink::roll::lol:

not sure about that Snowy - there are posts which are longer eg Couperman's Smoking Thread - and they haven't got a 'post it note' :?

Noooo! I've got a post it note against Kevs thread!! :shock:

Are we all seeing different things?

I hate not knowing what things are! :lol:

That thread did have a post it note for me if that confuses things more! :lol:

Kev

Looks very nice :D

I prefered it when the messages came up in black :roll: The green is not so easy to read, I must get my eyes tested :oops:

i wondered why i was having trouble reading messages, i thought the text had gone smaller, must be the change in colour. It isn't easy to read at all.

It's been MONTHS since my notifications worked. They are switched to YES but they don't come, every couple of weeks I swich them to NO for a few days then back to YES but they just DO NOT WORK.

Which has driven me NUTS!

Doesn't it have something to do with your pop up blocker being a bit keen?

Noooo! I've got a post it note against Kevs thread!! :shock:

Are we all seeing different things?

I hate not knowing what things are! :lol:

Oh no Snowy :roll: We are definitely seeing different things :lol::lol:

Looks very nice :D

I prefered it when the messages came up in black :roll: The green is not so easy to read, I must get my eyes tested :oops:

i wondered why i was having trouble reading messages, i thought the text had gone smaller, must be the change in colour. It isn't easy to read at all.

This may sound strange but ...... what colour is the background? On my laptop it is light blue but on my desktop it is pink (it was previously too). Both machines run exactly the same software but I find the blue background and green font very easy on the eye. I would imagine it would help people with Dyslexia (sp). I just don't quite understand why the other machine displays pink :?

Smileys now go where I intend to put them too, rather than at the end of the end of the post :lol: A Firefox bug I think.

Kev.

I use Eprompter for my email notifications on my laptop, and get this :? .

Subj: =?UTF-8?B?VG9waWMgcmVwbHkgbm90aWZpY2F0aW9uIC0gIlNhY2sgb2YgZ3J1YiI=?=

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:11:07 +0100

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ain't "Ooops, word censored!"ody Here,

It's not the end of the world, but I can't see what the topic is unless I click on the email :( .

I've told James about it, but as it probably only affects Eprompter, I can't expect him to fix it just for me :(

Edited by Guest

Which has driven me NUTS!

Doesn't it have something to do with your pop up blocker being a bit keen?

Nope - I get a message saying a pop up has been blocked when I've got a new PM. Its no emails saying there has been a reply after I@ve posted that drives me barmy.

Oh and incidentally it's saying I have 1 unread message in my PM box but I've read them all!

OK, now I've sussed the post it notes (yes, I really have this time!)

Once a thread hits 25 replies, it gets a post it note! And I've tried it and it works! 8) (plus a black dot if you've contributed). Not sure why you don't have a post it next to Kev's thread Pam! :shock:

Oh dear, it is definitely too quiet at work. Why does no one want to come and see me today? I'm usually run of my feet here! Thank goodness for the forum! :D

Anyone want their blood pressure checking? :? Cholesterol test? Waist measured? No??? :(

I don't like it. :(

Don't like the font colour, in particular. although I can see that it's easier to change colour in the middle of what you're typing now.

I expect I'll get used to it. *sigh*

I had today off work. Couldn't log on all day. *sighs again*