james

New Forum - What do you think?

Glad to hear the email notification problem may be solved - was starting to think "Ooops, word censored!"ody loved me :wink::lol::lol:

I have the same problem as Clare and can't mark all topics as read either :( and I've tried all the things Matt suggested :?

I like having all the smilies on display now :D:D

Woo hoo I'm receiving notification emails :D :D

Just gone Woo Hoo out loud and DS says 'that's what happens when you give middle aged people, chickens and a forum' :roll::roll:

I have sent him to tidy his bedroom :wink::lol:

I woo hoo'd on the phone today and it made the day of the lady at the other end of the phone :oops::lol::lol: All because DS uniform will be here in time for him to start nursery, simple things and all that :oops:

Too many replies to read them all so don't know if anyone has mentioned it before but....

Now when I get email to say a message has been added to a thread I have been on, if I click the link in the message to view it, I have to sign in, it's a pain....sorry :cry:

Other than that I like the changes :wink:

I haven't dared try posting since all the changes (or indeed had much time to!) but it all seems to be working better after the tweaks. The one thing that I didn't like was that the mark all as read wasn't working, so I'm really pleased that it's fixed now. I just haven't worked out how to add my new chickens to my signature.....

It's impressive such a big change has gone so smoothly (nothing in IT seems to work straight away :) ).

Milly

phew - those red arrows were driving me mad!

After some initial uncertainty - I don't like change! - I have to agree that the forum is quite user-friendly now. There were bound to be a few teething problems. I do like having all the smileys handy in one place.

Too many replies to read them all so don't know if anyone has mentioned it before but....

Now when I get email to say a message has been added to a thread I have been on, if I click the link in the message to view it, I have to sign in, it's a pain....sorry :cry:

Other than that I like the changes :wink:

I was having that problem too but if you go to the formal log in page there is a remember me box under the boxes for your user name and password the old forum used to have it on the main page but if you click on log in rather than doing it on a main page it allows you to check the remember me box 8)

I love it - now I have become used to it.........

One gripe I have is that I've always left my PMs Inbox alone, and as it fills up the old messages drop off the end into the ether..........now I'm getting a message box to say that I have PMs on hold and I can't access them unless I go and delete old messages.

It isn't too onorous to do that....just slightly annoying :D

You can get them to empty automatically like they used to so that each new one that comes in pushes an old one out. To do this, go to "Rules, folders and settings" on the left in your PMs box and select "delete oldest message" from the bottom section which says "IF folder is full:"

Thanks Kate. :D

I see you can add a folder too. Might come in handy for "storage" purposes. :D