james

New Forum - What do you think?

Hi James,

Good job! :P

I agree about the external links - a new window is so much easier :)

I cannot change the colour of the font on my signature...

When you preview a post,the font is still defaulted to green,which is hard to read....

Apart from that it looks nice & shiney & new - I like it :P

Thanks for the comments everyone. Nice to know I didn't break much (famous last words?)

I'll have a look at the new links for everyone. In the mean while, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel you can usually press that on a link to open it in a new tab / window.

The green text in post preview should be partially resolved, that is your own preview should look OK, but the topic review at the bottom of the post page seems adament that it wants to remain green. Hopefully I'll be able it to get it to cooperate!

Could someone tell me what UTC +1 means. . . It's at the bottom right hand corner of everyone's screen or is it only special omleteers that have it?

Sorry for being a thicky it used to say GMT +1

Coordinated Universal Time or UCT seems to have taken over from GMT Some sort of progress I suppose :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

Ah, yes I see them too. What are "bots" please? I'm a thick person.

Bots are "robots" that go around websites and collects info from them, for google etc

Thanks Fred, I didn't know that. Amazing little gremlin things that glean information - scary..........

Love it

Although it says for example page 7 of 8 on a long thread i used to like a little underline under the page number to tell me how far into a thread i was. Any chance of having it back? Or just bolden (is that a word?) the page we're viewing?

Also liked external links.

Other than that GREAT

ooh ooh ooh I just remembered could we have a spell checker?? I am a terrible typer due to my tremor in my hands and sometimes I just forget to check the typing, whereas if we had a button I could press, I would have to check it, because I wouldn't want that button to sit there redunant and not fufill it's job :wink:

If not possible I understand, it's a lovely board as it is, you'll just have to all bear with me. :?

did I hear you all groan then?

• Omlet Staff

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Clock

At the moment the forum clock is incorrect ( i.e. + 1hr GMT ). I will change this back to normal late tonight so that all the post are correct as of tomorrow.

Spell Checker

We haven't found a good spell checker. The best thing that I can recommend is using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. It coming with a really good spell checker built in - so you can use it on all websites not just ours. You can download it here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html . As well as the spell checker it also comes with lots of other goodies and is well worth a look,

Keep the feedback coming - it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

James