The Dogmother

Meet my new baby

Ruby is having her first vaccinations today, so I'm thinking of her.

I spoke to her breeder yesterday and they said that she's grown and is getting leggy now :?:( I just can't wait to collect her. Rosie is concerned that she won't 'still be a puppy' when we get her.

I've assured her that she will be a puppy for at least a year.

She is absolutely gorgeous Clare. What are you going to do with her all day while you're at work and Rosie is at school?

I'm sure she's going to LOVE long walks through fields and and trips to the beach. :D

Thank you for your concern Shona - I am lucky enough to work 5 mins walk away from home, so popping home during the day isn't a problem. I go home for lunch anyway, so she will never be left for more than a couple of hours; any greyhound/sighthound dog spends most of it's time asleep anyhow :lol: (just ask little chickadee).

We are surrounded by beautiful countryside and have a lovely big park at the bottom of the road. Having had 'multiple lurchers' in the past, I am used to their needs; when sighthounds are young, too much exercise can actually harm them as the long bones in those supermodel legs of theirs haven't 'set' yet. Once they are older, they benefit from short bursts of speed but don't have the stamina for long runs (bit like me really!). Rosie and I are enthusiastic walkers and are always out and about, so she will fit in well with our routine.

Thanks Rhapsody - she chose me really by being the most adventurous of the litter and curling up in my lap after giving my ears a good licking.. those big blue eyes clinched it for me!

A couple of friends with smallholdings have asked if she will clear rats for them.... I certainly hope so with a bloodline like she has! My friend's tiny kitten is an expert ratter, so perhaps I ought to get him to train her! :lol::lol:

I might ask you to bring her up to Sheffield to get rid of any rats I get in the future. :D

You are so lucky to have that lovely park a two minute walk from your house and to work so close to home. I think you live closer to your place of work than I do to mine and I can walk it in no time at all. :D

A walk in the middle of the working day is a great energiser.

You and Rosie will have such fun with her.

Thank you for your concern Shona - I am lucky enough to work 5 mins walk away from home, so popping home during the day isn't a problem. I go home for lunch anyway, so she will never be left for more than a couple of hours; any greyhound/sighthound dog spends most of it's time asleep anyhow :lol: (just ask little chickadee).

Yup - I can vouch for that :lol: Our Holly dog (Greyhound) spends at least 95% of her life asleep, just like a cat. I don't know how it will be with a pup though, as she was already 4 when we got her. I can't wait to see all the photos on your blog when you get her. :D

she is gorgeous :D

is her hair wirey or soft?

It's soft at the moment, and will probbaly stay like that

I love her bright blue eyes :D

They really are striking

when do you get her? are you counting down the days?

We get her on Staurday 25th, so one wek from today... we're excited and counting! :D:D

cathy

x