The Dogmother

Meet my new baby

.. well, I don't have her yet as she's still a bit young to leave her mum, but am collecting her at half term.

I've missed having a lurcher in the house since Jezebel died, and that sighthound 'lurch' as they race across the fields. Yesterday I went to visit a litter of working lurchers and picked Ruby.... well, she picked me actually :lol:

Ruby1.jpg

Ruby2.jpg

She is white with fawn patches and bright blue eyes (collie blood on her sire's side). Dam is greyhound/whippet/saluki, sire is greyhound/Bedlington/collie and both are working dogs.

Reckless Ruby (after the book) came running up to me, jumped up into my lap, nuzzled around my ears and then settled down for a kip :lol::lol: Apart from the sleeping, she appears to have good hunting instincts, so I am hoping to train her to rat and rabbit when she's bigger.

Oooooh a lurcher puppy to snuggle! She is beautiful.

We have a lurcher/saluki cross, runs like the wind and is a complete cuddle monster!

Enjoy your new baby :D

We'll have to come down to meet your hound when she's older then.

This one chose me when she curled up in my lap and went to sleep.

Ruby chook doesn't know yet.... it's a favourite family name, the chook is in fact Ruby Tuesday; a song from my youth.

I hope so too Nicola, she will be very carefully trained, and as a hunter I shall never let her out with the smaller animals unsupervised.

Personally I think that the chooks might end up teaching her a lesson with a few pecks on the nose :?

My last lurcher was very well trained, but I'd never have left her alone with any small furry things; she just wouldnt have been able to help her instincts. It's not fair on the dog to set them up for failure like that.