The Dogmother

Meet my new baby

Went to Dartmoor today to meet a woman from the GSD rescue. She had 9 German Shepherds, 1 Inuit and a Lurcher. We fell in love with the Lurcher :D (never seen one before up close), he was lovely - so cuddly and he jumped up all over us and licked us, stretched on us and wanted to be constantly touched and was ever so soft coated. I really think they are an under rated breed.

I have to say they are a special "breed" :roll: . It all depends on their crossing but they are in general lovely dogs, totally crazy but lovely. :D

I had never considered lurchers before having Jenson but he and Willow really are super dogs and I would strongly recommend lurchers are a good family pet.

I agree - but then I would :roll:

You have to be aware though that they are an autonomous type; they don't expect you to think for them; they like to do it for themselves... sometimes with alarming consequences :roll: She does love a cuddle though and has the perfect lurcher Eeyore-none-loves-me look.

Time for some update photos; we headed out for the day last week; Ruby had had a wash after a close encounter with a bog, and was looking particularly photogenic.

6a00ccff898588673101347f23358f860b-500pi

6a00ccff89858867310137e1142880860f-500pi

Close encounters of the nasal kind

6a00ccff89858867310137a4dbd3a0860c-500pi

She makes elegant shapes...

6a00ccff89858867310137a4dbd42c860c-500pi

She's allowed to stand nearby when we are eating, but definitely not to beg! :wink:

Awww she looks all grown up!!

Love the last photo, Maisy only ever does that pose for a few seconds and then rolls her bum over to the side. :) Its surprising just how long bodied lurchers are when you see them like that.

Ruby you are a very pretty girl.

That photo is wonderful. It really shows her wall eye in detail and her pretty smile. We'll have to do another Midlands walk with the hounds it was great to see them loon about at high speed. The bruises have gone where you were holding on to me when you were using me as an anti lurchering shield :lol: