Omletina Kyckling

Can I blame you lot for my house being so untidy?

My house is a mess, no really a mess!! Everytime I start to clean, I come upstairs, past the computer (I've set up an office one one of the landings) and think "Oh, I'll just see what's happening on the forum" and then four hours later, I find that the house is still a mess, but I know so much more about making butter, bread, I've improved my knowledge of countries of the world, know what symptoms to look for in sick chickens and am much relieved that Dave the cat has returned home, safe and sound....

So, I have visitors arriving at the weekend....when they are struggling to walk through the dust and tumbleweed (that's what I call the fluffy balls of fluffiness which you get when you don't dust and have cats) to get through the house, can I blame you lot? :wink:

I find the crumpled look really hard and I actually like ironing I just struggle to find the time to do it there is always something more important to do and the forum of course :lol:

I like to catch up with TV on iplayer etc when I am ironing but that involves the computer so the Omlet forum just keeps popping up :lol:

I'm supposed to be working, doing laundry, ironing and making chutney.

Some of the work is finished, the first load of washing is on the line and that's all.

But I've been to the market to buy local meat and got some free cauliflower leaves off the veg stall for the guineapigs. And the chickens are happily wrecking the lawn at the bottom of the garden. And I've started the ball rolling with installing a woodburner. And I can do all of this while chatting with friends all over the country who don't CARE if I can write in the dust in my living room.

So all in all I would say today is a roaring success!

Funnily enough I was discussing my ineptidue at tidying up this morning. We decided that having pets meant that we really shouldn't bother tidying up. Add to that an addictive forum and its just a non starter. Although I have to say that I do try and tidy the house on a Friday but that is only because YS's tutor comes this afternoon - I would be too embarrassed to leave it :oops:

Mines a pig sty but I am past caring

the housework dosent float my boat

one little bit :!: where as the forum :whistle:

is just so interesting,informative,funny and

sometimes sad and everyone feels like your

bestest friend :)

I dont know how I coped without it before :)

I have no reason or excuse to climb 2 flights of stairs to

get to the computer :oops:

I normally wouldn't care, but I am having a visitation this weekend....my mum's best friend, my Aunty Pauline is coming with her daughter in law on Sunday and staying a few nights. Her son and his wife are having twin girls on Monday - they are being born to a surrogate mum by caeserian not far from here - so they are staying to be around for that. Her son may also be staying and then there is a suggestion that on Tuesday night they may all stay (newborn twins included) :shock: I've tried to explain that my old house is very cold and draughty, I'm not houseproud so there may be a few germs around and I have cats who may see ickle babies as supper, so not sure what will happen!!

This is funny though, my hubby isn't very child aware at the best of times, but when I mentioned this might be happening he wasn't very happy and said "I don't want them messing with my tractor spares" (I ought to explain at this point that we have half a tractor on my dining room table which has been there for about 4 months now - the other half he managed to get into his backpack and take back to Sweden with him to beadblast and paint, I'm amazed he didn't get stopped at security, but he did say some poor old lady was frisked behind him and suspects they got the wrong bag :shock: ).....anyway, I pointed out to him that the twins would only be a day old and unlikely to play with his tractor parts.....he then said "well the others might be tempted to".....again I said "Do you think that the new parents of twins, their aunty, or grandmother are going to be interested in your tractor spares, rather than wanting to coo over the babies".....he answered "I know what I'd rather be playing with".....says it all me thinks!!.....do you think it's too late to delay his return from Sweden and tell him all ferries are fully booked up until March? :lol::wink:

OH made "comments" about the time I spent on the forum so I only do it at work now, and many a happy afternoon has been spent flicking between my work and the forum. I just lose track of time and then the phone rings and I realise I have been on the forum for 2 hours when I only intended to take 15 minutes.

Still don't do any housework though so I'm not sure what my excuse is!!

This is funny though, my hubby isn't very child aware at the best of times, but when I mentioned this might be happening he wasn't very happy and said "I don't want them messing with my tractor spares"

My cup of tea came down my nose at this. :D

My house isn't as tidy as it might be....but I don't care.

Mine neither Egluntine and I don't give two hoots! It's messy but clean enough that no-one will be made ill by it.

Anyway I have discovered the short cut to housework. I keep loos, kitchen etc decent all week but mess I can live with. As for the rest... I leave it till Saturday morning. OH gets up, gets annoyed with mess/dust/whatever, works himself into a lather about it and energetically sorts it all out.

While doing this he mutters constantly about the state of the house etc. I ignore this.

Works every time! :lol::wink:

Edited to add: he mentioned buying a Roomba the other day. I will let him!

Edited by Guest

Manys the time I have wandered into the kitchen or conservatory to find a piece of dinghy or a sail parked in the place I want to be :roll: ............the OH was fixing a daggerboard while I was doing dinner the other day, I don't know what was in the stuff he was using but it stunk........why he couldn't do it in the garage I don't know!

I think I'm paranoid about "bits" though.....I've had psoriasis for about 20 years which means my skin flakes everywhere (delightful picture I'm painting here) and I hate it, it is rather a depressing condition....so I vacuum and within 24 hours it looks like a snowstorm again. I think the fact that the bits are there remind me how horrible my skin is (it makes me feel rather repulsive) - perhaps others wouldn't notice it so much but I do and I hate it.

It doesn't actually make me clean any more though, just makes me more self loathing :roll::wink:

What's housework :?::wink::think:

You beat me to it Jlo!!

I haven't worked that out yet either....! I have 3 happy dogs (usually, Jess isn't happy today for some reason :( ) 3 happy chooks, 2 happy children and when I can find what I'm looking for a happy-enough me! DH however gets fed up every so often, so I get a guilt complex & do a quick flit around - it's amazing the difference a tidy up of the sofa & a quick flick of the hoover can make! The bathrooms are cleanish & sometimes I even manage to put some of the washing away.

:shock: It does surprise me just how much of the day I can spend wandering around this forum :oops: , gathering nuggets of information & having the ups & downs of emotions with everyone. And you all seem such a lovely bunch :clap::wink: .

Sha x

Omletina, I think it makes you sound rather fetching - like one of those globe snowstorms :lol: .

I subscribe to the "clean the bathroom and kitchen when hygiene levels are deteroriating to unacceptable levels" school of thought and the "I'd better do a bit of dusting and hoovering because x, y or z is coming to visit".

Ironing gets done when everyone's run out of clothes (but I hang stuff up neatly so get away without ironing most things!)

OH and kids aren't very tidy so why should I be :whistle: .

And, yes, I blame you lot too :shameonu: . I come on here for a quick check of new posts and end up spending hours online :roll: .

I subscribe to the "clean the bathroom and kitchen when hygiene levels are deteroriating to unacceptable levels" school of thought and the "I'd better do a bit of dusting and hoovering because x, y or z is coming to visit".

My brother and sister in law are having a new kitchen installed....mum reckons that it was either that, or they'd finally have to clean it..... :shock: Their bathroom has to be seen to believed!......and Clare is works in the health service....

Actually my dad was a plumber and obviously went into a lot of houses, he always said that the "muckiest folk about" were teachers and doctors and nurses !! I know there are a few from those professions on here (including me, former teacher) :shock::wink: