Martin B Posted August 22, 2006 Share Posted August 22, 2006 I can't imagine Lesley angry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 22, 2006 Share Posted August 22, 2006 ooh, go on use your imagination I expect she will start to turn green and her biceps will bulge and her shirt wil rip........... oh, no hang on that's the incredible hulk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley-Jean Posted August 22, 2006 Share Posted August 22, 2006 It's an auction for charity Martin They always raise a lot of money, that is why they are done. Bidders are willing to pay more than the item is worth just because it is a charity they believe in. Auctions are held at charity dinner for instance and things with a face value of a few pounds can be sold for hundreds, crazy you may think, but it's just a fun way of giving a donation. Hope you are enjoying it Martin, keep raking out those coins from between the sofa cushions and placing your bids Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 22, 2006 Share Posted August 22, 2006 Hope you are enjoying it Martin, keep raking out those coins from between the sofa cushions and placing your bids I will! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted August 23, 2006 Author Share Posted August 23, 2006 Have you given up Martin? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 What was my last bid? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted August 23, 2006 Author Share Posted August 23, 2006 Wasn't it around £120? I'll PM you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 Thanks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 No wonder I'm losing out - I'll have to raid Carl's car - always loads of pennies lurking in the rubbish Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 cor! do you think Carl will have £120 in pennies in his car? Mine is just full of crumbs, dog hairs and horse hair Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 I'll testify to that - I've seen the inside of Mel's car! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 23, 2006 Share Posted August 23, 2006 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 Mel, you'll have to check Carl's car out next time we catch up. We collect pigs in it but it looks as if we collect a whole zoo full of animals It is a mobile skip Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 Yes, I thought mine was a mess until I saw Carl's. It's worse than yours Mel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 No Comment Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 Yes, I thought mine was a mess until I saw Carl's. It's worse than yours Mel good grief mind you I thought mine was bad untill last time we took Pauls to the garage for its MOT and service. The garage always valet it (its annual birth whether it needs it or not.....). When I picked it up they left a note with the receptionist that they "had done their best to clean it". obvoiusly couldnt get through the ankle deep crumbs, two fossilised (spelling?!) banannas and some old sticky sweets under the drivers seat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 How are the bids going, Annie, have you received many? Did you log mine OK? Hope you raise lots. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 She has had lots, don't worry! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 I dont like the way she comes back to me and says "too low" with a little face Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 HaHa! I know what you mean! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted August 24, 2006 Share Posted August 24, 2006 I wonder who the highest bidder is? - it isn't me I might have to raid my egg money yet. (if I ever make it back out of Carl's car ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...