CannyCat

Go Tilly, Go Tilly, Go Tilly!

Matilda laid her first egg today!! My little trooper 8)

We're not sure we can eat it - they're both on antibiotics because Bertha has a cold :? Will have to phone the vet tomorrow to find out...

(On a side note, I have a job interview on Friday - wish me luck, it's a biggie!)

tillys-egg-4oct06.jpg

Edited by Guest

Congrats - its great getting eggs. I'm just waiting for big, fat Jasmin now! I think she's actually storing her eggs up inside her!

Good luck with the interview - I had one last week although they called it an Assessment Centre - just an excuse to drag it out all day!

Thanks guys!

Bad News: We can't eat Matilda's eggs for a whole nother 2 weeks! :shock: And we're on number 4 now - she's been laying like a trooper ever since 8)

Good News: I got the job! I was so suprised, I didnt think I had enough experience! A huge payrise, Bupa healthcare, get to work from home 2 days a week (I can let the girls out more!!) and they're "investors in people" so they're keen for me to go back to college! yay! :lol:

So I went out and bought a lotto ticket for the first time in years, what with good luck running in threes and all... :oops:

I couldn't have resisted either!! :lol: It's not that the eggs will harm you as such, just to try and avoid building resistance to antibiotics by consuming a little when you don't need them.

Our vet said to give them a week after finishing the antibiotics before eating any eggs... but as they weren't laying anyhow it didn't matter. Fortunately for us, it was the one who didn't need meds who started to lay!!

Sophie

I couldn't have resisted either!! :lol: It's not that the eggs will harm you as such, just to try and avoid building resistance to antibiotics by consuming a little when you don't need them.

Our vet said to give them a week after finishing the antibiotics before eating any eggs... but as they weren't laying anyhow it didn't matter. Fortunately for us, it was the one who didn't need meds who started to lay!!

Sophie

Thanks Sophie, I didnt realise that was why we shouldn't eat them.

Bertha has since started to lay too! She's nowhere near as mature as Matilda, but she's got such a competitive nature I think she felt she had to keep up with Tilly!

Just one more week to go...! :lol: