wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

Next time we have a coffee morning at ours, the chickens will all be confined within a manageable, catchable space AND we may even have a respectable, un-chickentrashed garden for us all to sit out in.

We've just been sitting in it...it's huge.

:lol:

When are you moving in :?: That is fabulous what lucky chickens, lap of luxury.

Good luck very impressive. :clap: indie

Looks great Janty!

That is a LOT of Aubiose :lol:

Has everyone moved in now?

Not quite. The cochins are in an eglu at the side as they have to be isolated from the others due to scaly leg mite and medication. At the moment the cochins are enjoying roaming round the garden but they are sleeping in the eglu. The two babes, Shanks and Paisley are also at the side in the other eglu. They are only 12 weeks old.

That is all looking Fab Janty :clap::clap: .

Is that a mini run within the run for intros and things? Or am I seeing things :lol: . Love the cat basket too :D .

It is a mini run within the run. I have put two mtrs of cube run onto just one cube in case of keeping any separate due to medicines, introductions, etc that might crop up in the future. Just thinking ahead really.

The cat basket is for Nutmeg as she likes to lay her eggs there. The cat isn't too pleased that he's lost his favourite bed though.

:D

I did think, 'What have I done?' when I saw how big the run base was but it hasn't swamped the garden and it's a lovely cool space inside. The girls seem calmer in there than they did when they had the full run of the garden. I was worried that an apexed, felted roof might make the run too dark but as I say, it just keeps the run lovely and cool. I have a cuppa whilst sitting in with the girls each morning and it's lovely.

Having experienced our run, I would advise anybody to go with the largest run that they can fit into their garden.

That is all looking Fab Janty :clap::clap: .

Is that a mini run within the run for intros and things? Or am I seeing things :lol: . Love the cat basket too :D .

It is a mini run within the run. I have put two mtrs of cube run onto just one cube in case of keeping any separate due to medicines, introductions, etc that might crop up in the future. Just thinking ahead really.

The cat basket is for Nutmeg as she likes to lay her eggs there. The cat isn't too pleased that he's lost his favourite bed though.

:D

8) idea, always good to forward plan :D

Hello everyone.

Love your run Janty. Very :mrgreen: my garden isn't big enough to accommodate such a luxurious and spacious run as that.

Tony rang me tonight after I confirmed concrete base finally redone, he is going to deliver and build mine next week! :D Will confirm day in an email tomorrow could be as soon as Tuesday!!!****!!!! :dance::clap::dance::clap::dance::clap::D:dance::clap::D

Soooooo Excited and my new (green eglu) is due next Friday :D:):clap::dance::clap::D

So soon will have my WIR 12ftx6ftx6ft and an annexe (green eglu) for the (not so small chicks).

Hello everyone.

Love your run Janty. Very :mrgreen: my garden isn't big enough to accommodate such a luxurious and spacious run as that.

Tony rang me tonight after I confirmed concrete base finally redone, he is going to deliver and build mine next week! :D Will confirm day in an email tomorrow could be as soon as Tuesday!!!****!!!! :dance::clap::dance::clap::dance::clap::D:dance::clap::D

Soooooo Excited and my new (green eglu) is due next Friday :D:):clap::dance::clap::D

So soon will have my WIR 12ftx6ftx6ft and an annexe (green eglu) for the (not so small chicks).

Fantastic stuff, say hello to Tony from me too! Sadly I'm too far away for him to build mine, but we've had some lovely email/phone chats (and I know what he looks like thanks to Janty! :lol: )

Hello everyone.

Fantastic stuff, say hello to Tony from me too! Sadly I'm too far away for him to build mine, but we've had some lovely email/phone chats (and I know what he looks like thanks to Janty! :lol: )

He is really helpful, isn't he?

Just got an email from Tony - my run should be built by the first week in July! :dance:

SO excited too.

Didn't think it would ever happen as I've been wanting one since last year.

Now I've just got to lay the slabs for it (My cousin, bless him, said he'd help me) then when it arrives I'll have to stain it green (to blend in a bit) THEN, my dad will be assembling it and building his own roof for it.

All for last years Christmas present and my 30th birthday present (Next weekend! Argh!) combined. Feeling VERY lucky.

My girls will be so happy too hopefully.

This feeling is like getting chickens for the first time!!! I won't sleep now!

I just went out to clean the eglu but ended up doing this. I used the table top from the table legs the eglu is sitting on, put it under the pallet & eglu and propped it up using Tony's ladder 8) . It's a bit slippy for the girls so I'll need to get more wood (or roosting bars!) for the top.

They've got even more floor space now because the ladder is off the ground :D . I also took out some of the branches because they always sit on the same ones.

3598623346_710af16562.jpg

3597817503_fccc979829.jpg