wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

The double inner doors sounds like a great idea Debs - are you planning on having lots of chickens? :D

Simple answer - YES! :lol:

I have my 3 girls now, I'm getting 4 from Wernlas once my WIR is finished, and I have committed to the BHWT that I will take 3 ex-batts in September, so its a case of Introducing, integrating and then the same all over again :D:wink:

It seemed a logical decision as it can be an intro area or a sick pay area.

MitchB - your run is looking fabulous :clap:

Wow, I've clearly not been paying enough attention recently :eh:. Janty, your run is really something else, almost chicken keeping on an industrial scale :wink:. Your chooks must think they're in chicken heaven :lol:.

And MitchB, also a wonderful run, very similar in size to mine, which I'm still sooooo pleased with. As ANH said somewhere in this thread, the best money I've ever spent on the chooks.

The double doors idea that DebsL has employed is a great innovation. I've just had to add a separator in my WIR, as Di is currently sitting on six Light Sussex eggs. I've used an old expandable fire-guard to go across with a tarpaulin above it to stop any chooks jumping over. The old girls will be able to see the (hopefully :pray:) new arrivals, which should make the eventual integration a lot easier.

Andrew

Today, my Walk in Run gets delivered :dance:. OK, I know its not going to be finished for 9 days, but still, I am sooooo excited :D
Don't forget, we like pictures of runs being delivered just as much as those in construction and those that are finished with chickens inside. No excuses now :shameonu:.

Andrew

My building materials for the back wall and floor are being delivered as we speak.

I'm jumping around like a lunatic here! Camera charged! Shall be doing before, during and after photos, although there is likely to be a pause in between, as my builders are building it over 2 weekends :dance:

Today, my Walk in Run gets delivered :dance:. OK, I know its not going to be finished for 9 days, but still, I am sooooo excited :D
Don't forget, we like pictures of runs being delivered just as much as those in construction and those that are finished with chickens inside. No excuses now :shameonu:.

Andrew

Very good point Andrew! i have just had a look at my WIR album on photobucket and i took 96 :shock: pictures!!! :lol:

I took less than 10! :lol:

Arrrrh but now your OH did yours....I had to DIG :shock: holes and lay slabs all by my little self so I wanted to make sure I had "proof" :D

If anyone would like to see the holes I dug just let me know! :lol:

YES Debs! Where are the pics of the run pieces as they were taken out of the van!