wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

So very sorry to leave you all hanging in suspense like that. I have a poorly littleman here (my middle son, soon to be 3) and he is very in need of hugs and cuddles and basically me.

Tony (who I suspect will be reading this at some point :wink: ) is a really great chap, who when faced with the rather dire ground leveling and slab laying completed by hubby and his brothers, simply asked for spade so he could put it right. :angel:

He then set to work putting my lovely, lovely new walk in run up. He was ably assisted by poorly boy, who zoomed around him on his bicycle and generally cheered him on :roll:

The run is fabulous. I can't believe how excited I am about it. :lol: I shall be moving the girls in tomorrow, and unfortunately you will have to wait till then for photos. Sorry, yet again.

More extremely good news is that apparently, its terribly easy to extend the Aviaries 4 U runs because they are a modular design :whistle:

Ok, we are hideously behind schedule, which means that the builders are going to have to come back next weekend too :roll:

So, I am going to have to be patient in waiting for my Wernlas girls :(

However, here are todays photos:

20090627_1843362_PAN.jpg

20090627_1844182.jpg

20090627_1846123.jpg

More photos to follow tomorrow.

The girls aren't happy though as I can't give them as much free-ranging time. They were shouting at the builders today! I think it was chicken for "Hurry up" :lol:
Mine were the same. They were very put out that they weren't allowed near the construction site after they had conducted their initial inspection of the ground work!

img1785gc9.jpg

However, there have been definite signs of approval now that the run has been built and they moved in.

img1906a.jpg

Andrew

Well on one of the hottest saturdays we've had in a long time my cousin offered to help us prepare our site for the the Aviaries4u run coming in a week or two (ie: he did most of it!!! Bless him)

I had to put my girls back on the 'patio' in there old run in the mean time though.

I've got a few pics of our progress. I think 'we' did really well to finish it all in one (Very humid) day

Excuse the mess, the washing, the dog, the built up poop and bedding around my girls old run... :oops:

3666680152_5ddbd8f38e.jpg?v=0

Gina inspecting our progress...

3666684362_7f60d2d29b.jpg?v=0

My girls on the lawn for the day, luckily they weren't too bothered by all the work going on - they had grass to eat!!

3666685222_72e1f528df.jpg?v=0

More mess, but slabs going down on leveled ground...

3666686686_688363a852.jpg?v=0

Watching all this work is SO tiring!...

3665884293_67aa302a76.jpg?v=0

All done! Even with a retaining wall. All set now!

3666689446_4fd3e669fb.jpg?v=0

Its looking great :D

Just had some more building materials delivered and the chaps asked me what I was building. So I told him, it turns out that he has 3 chickens and is thinking about a WIR, so I have written down the Aviaries4u website address and told him to contact Tony :D

Ingredients for run two have been purchased in a mega session at B&Q earlier! (borrowed an estate car from work to get it all home)

I have the next two weeks off and FIL is here for three days next week so will make a start then :dance:

Two rolls of wire have been ordered from Hills of Devon

No slabs on the floor of this run as its too big and would cost loads to even have them around the edge

This run will not be WIR height sadly as it will just dominate the garden - I am thinking about 4ft so I can get in if I have to :lol:

Fun and games ahead :lol: