mostin

THE RESULTS! It's time for you all to break my heart.

Is she Bella, or is he Bill?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is she Bella, or is he Bill?

• Bella
    • Bill
    • Don't know

Your logic sounds spot on to me, re getting more girls to put with him in the woods. Surely OH would agree with you, given time. he wouldn't want bill to go would he? I was reading about how its actually better to breed from non related birds, so you would have another line of argument for getting more girls to go with him to the fields. Another nice sussie would be good eh? Or maybe a couple of different coloured sussies, then it all becomes cost effective; breeding your own utility birds, you could even sell your fertile eggs?

Maybe appeal to ShaunW's business mind and put it to him as a financially sound business venture?

Sounds like a plan to me HEN!

Its a win win situation, he lives and pays for himself.

Only one question ... which colour eglu :wink::lol:

Sounds like a plan to me HEN!

Its a win win situation, he lives and pays for himself.

Only one question ... which colour eglu :wink::lol:

According to Egluntine it may take at least 8 hens to "satisfy" my lusty lad :wink::lol: , so it would have to be a cube not an eglu wouldn't it :whistle: . I have always loved the colour purple :anxious::lol: .

Right you said HEN had one and you had two. next time you go to cuddle an alpaca just swap him, shell never notice (much) :lol::lol:

Good idea :wink: , with just a small twist of fate Bill could have been hers, and I could have been sat pretty with my Dora and her Poppy :lol: . She keeps a very tight grip on Poppy every time I visit now, for some reason :whistle::lol: .

Not that I know a lot!, but I agree with the others, sorry. What are you going to do, it will be such a shame to have to let him go. :anxious:

After mulling over all the advice on here I am going to wait and see what his temperament and volume are like. If I think he can behave and not attack me or upset the neighbours then I will have to worm round OH and get him some buxom wenches to live with him up in the woods :D .

Fingers crossed for a happy ending, and lots of fertile buff sussex eggs for other omleteers next spring :D .

Hopefully Bill and Shaun will do some male bonding and he'll be able to stay, just watch out that Mr Mostin doesn't decide to get 8 wives like Bill! :shock:

He couldn't afford 8 wives :lol: , he can't even keep me in chickens and eglus :boohoo: . He should be happy though, he is always complaining that he and Oscar are out-numbered by all the women in our house :wink: .

I don't want to give you nightmares, but Dora seems to have awfully pointy hackle feathers; on the other hand she should have more comb development if she is gong to compete with Bill - when is she due to lay?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

She is still only about 14 weeks old I think, and pure breeds start laying later than hybrids don't they? My light sussex Lilly's comb is massive, so I assume that Dora has a lot of maturing still to do.

Oh please let her be a girl at least :pray: .

Well, the results are in and counted.................

*drum roll*

95% of you think Bill, and 5% think Bella.

Its been a while since those photos were taken and .........takes deep breath.......and he's grown a lot more :roll: .

I think he's pretty definitely Bill, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't start crowing soon. Here is the latest picture of him.

3669813274_c1f051edeb.jpg?v=0

My Big Boy :lol: . I just hope he's a good boy too :pray:

If his behaviour stays good, and we can keep him at the top of the garden, so the neighbours think it's the cockerel from the farm, and not ours :shh::lol: , I would like to keep him and breed from him.

If this plan doesn't work out.............well...........I've done the course :anxious: .