chocchick

Anyone else's chooks inside because of fireworks?

Indoor s and seem to be under some kind of artillary fire, as big display at school at top of my road. Scary and loud inside the house :shock:

You could see (white chicken)(white chicken)GNR jump when I carried the box indoors.

The chickens are snuggled in a cardboard box in the dining room :shock: They were squished to one side of the box with all 3 necks craning out examining their environment and making chickeny noises. I peeped in and they seemed to have settled down :D

Hi Choc

I had this dilemma too. (have recently moved here) so asked a neighbour and she said that no fireworks go off round here as too many dog owners. As there are only 9 houses i thought that was ok.

NOW, someone is letting off rockets and im worried about the girls!!!

We will see tomorrow if Laverne lays as she is on a roll of 51 days of laying with only 1 day off!! :shock::shock:

I'm sure your girls appreciate the dining room and the warmth - its freezing out there!!

Christian x x x

Maybe the chickens planned this to get a nice warn bed for the night :?

Hope your eggs are OK. Mine were wierd and pointy yesterday for some reason....

We've had some small fireworks all week, but this was a serious organised display a few houses up. Question is do I move them back now the loud ones are over? I don't want poo in my dining room when they wake up tomorrow! :shock:

We live in London and there's lots of noisey fireworks around here and not just on 5th Nov. This is our 2nd year with the girls and we put our girls inside our brick "studio" at the rear of the garden. It's insulated and much quieter in there. They lived in there last year for many nights whilst the fireworks were going off. If we didn't have the studio we would bring them inside into a spare bedroom, in the dark. The noises make me jump, never mind the chooks!

We have a fireworks display really near us and it was on tonight.

I was worried about the chickens so we put them in a cardboard box in the living room, they stayed there for about 30 seconds before leaping out and charging round the room with the dog getting overexcited and barking at them as i ran about trying to catch them with husband sniggering in the background.

So i gave up on the inside idea and put them back in the eglu and covered it with a couple of blankets to try and keep out some of the noise, they were ok when i went to check on them later on this evening!

Helen

I was really worried about mine as I am in an urban area it is always really loud around me with fireworks. My girls have been fine so far, apart from last night when I didn't get home till gone 6.30pm so the Eglu door was open. Once it was shut they settled right down, despite rockets and screaming fireworks going off all around! This morning they all barged out of the Eglu as normal and seemed happy and well, phew :)

We are in a built up area as well and have fireworks going off now for over 2 weeks - In fact I lost a cat last week cos she was terrified by a banger and got hit by a car, and that was early on in the evening. I made sure the girls had the door shut early on last night and went to check on them twice but they were pefectly happy and came out happy as usual this morning. We have had 2 eggs already today. Probably have to go through it all over again tonight though :x

Sorry about your cat :(

We live in London and there's lots of noisey fireworks around here and not just on 5th Nov. This is our 2nd year with the girls and we put our girls inside our brick "studio" at the rear of the garden. It's insulated and much quieter in there. They lived in there last year for many nights whilst the fireworks were going off. If we didn't have the studio we would bring them inside into a spare bedroom, in the dark. The noises make me jump, never mind the chooks!

I kind of agree, gave in again and brought them in for a few hours while it was really bad, then put them back in the eglu as OH didn't want chooks getting out and wandering round the house.

I put a hand on Susannah and could actually feel her heart beating much faster when some of them went off, although opening the egg port probably made it worse-hard to tell :roll:

Was like a war zone here last night with all the really loud bangs.

My girls were't bothered at all.

I didn't think there could be a plus side to having a chav neighbour who thinks it ok to let off fireworks, for hours, at any time of the night, usually 1ish, irrespective of neighbours with new babies, pets, (he has 2 rottweilers!) dying aged parents etc, and on a regular basis, (at least twice a month).

He sells them, and tries them out at home first.

But my girls didn't turn a hair. Good for them.